2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be the luckiest hunter. 2 years in a row my deer harvest was captured on video as the deer was standing right next to a trailcam. Last year it was a crossbow. this year I was using my Ruger Gunsite 308. This is a screenshot from the video capturing the bullet exit. I was using a Remington 180gr Core-Lokt soft point. Only about a 25-30 yard shot. The exit wound was about the size of a golf ball, but the doe managed to go about 75 yards before dropping.
Screenshot (10).png

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be the luckiest hunter. 2 years in a row my deer harvest was captured on video as the deer was standing right next to a trailcam. Last year it was a crossbow. this year I was using my Ruger Gunsite 308. This is a screenshot from the video capturing the bullet exit. I was using a Remington 180gr Core-Lokt soft point. Only about a 25-30 yard shot. The exit wound was about the size of a golf ball, but the doe managed to go about 75 yards before dropping.
That is cool, never seen anything like that before.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is very cool once in a lifetime picture I would think

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats!!! That’s definitely a rarity. You probably need to buy a lottery ticket.
In 25+/- years of using game cams, I’ve had three kills captured in a picture.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I'm gonna do that today. Mega Million is over $600 million I heard. I only buy for the big ones LOL
However, as I think about it I may not be all that ‘lucky’ I have 17 trail cameras and 7 tree stands/blinds scattered over my 80 acres. Just have to choose the right spot. Watching the cameras I know pretty much when and where they tend to show up.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, as I think about it I may not be all that ‘lucky’ I have 17 trail cameras and 7 tree stands/blinds scattered over my 80 acres. Just have to choose the right spot. Watching the cameras I know pretty much when and where they tend to show up.
Holy crap!!!:ooh2:

I only have 6 stands and 7 cameras (including the one at the entrance gate) on 360 acres. I probably need to up my game.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy crap!!!:ooh2:

I only have 6 stands and 7 cameras (including the one at the entrance gate) on 360 acres. I probably need to up my game.
several are mostly security at gates/cabin etc. But my wife and I enjoy the cameras year round just seeing what is out there.. This has a large creek bisecting it so it is very busy with critters. All are set for short videos. We catch some really neat stuff on camera from time to time. This 80 acres is very densely covered in trees/brush. I have brushhoged 3 miles of 4' wide trails all thru it. The critters use the trails as much as we do.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went out last Saturday and saw a bobcat and like 20 doe. The ones that came the closest were running across the field and the rest were out at about 150 yards or more . . . with some cattle behind them. Definitely need to thin out the doe population.

May try to go back out this coming Saturday and put the game call out to see if that cat will come back by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom