2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be the luckiest hunter. 2 years in a row my deer harvest was captured on video as the deer was standing right next to a trailcam. Last year it was a crossbow. this year I was using my Ruger Gunsite 308. This is a screenshot from the video capturing the bullet exit. I was using a Remington 180gr Core-Lokt soft point. Only about a 25-30 yard shot. The exit wound was about the size of a golf ball, but the doe managed to go about 75 yards before dropping.View attachment 334576
I was curious, could you post the video? I don't know if that lets you do that on this site but that would be cool to see in action.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for indulging me. That is a great video.
You’re welcome. A little background to what you see. So, I’m in the tree stand playing solitaire on my phone when she runs up and stops. I kinda jump to put the phone away and get the gun up that is between my legs. You can see her look to the right because she heard me. Luckily she stays for a couple of more seconds.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a google pic of my 80 acres. The white lines are trails that I mow a couple of times a year. As you can see it's pretty dense. Probably never get a shot over 100 yds and most are under 50 yds

View attachment 335078
Like the number of stands and cameras, your trail network is impressive. :thumb:

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just noticed in the pic.. if you look on the right side of the picture there’s a little pink ribbon hanging in a small tree. That marks the spot I shot the doe last year with the crossbow. Dejavu. It’s been a good stand.
Were those just more doe in the background or did it happen too fast to know for sure?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yes, good catch. After I shot and she bolted I thought i'd missed her......so I sat there for a while and heard more movement behind me. Thankfully I didn't get an eye on them because I sure didn't want to shoot a 2nd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom