2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plots are looking good for having broadcast and used a harrow. Hopefully with acorns starting to drop, deer will stay off them a bit and let them grow. It's not easy with really small plots.
20230923_165718.jpg
20230923_183206.jpg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two of my cameras showed 48* down by the river this morning. That kind of weather would have me in the mood to get in the stand, but according to the forecast I look at, it’s not going to be that nice next weekend. :rolleyes2
I don't care if it is 110, will be in the blind on Sunday morning. :thumb:

I have a three legged doe that I need to fill the freezer.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are funny... But back when I hunted I can totally understand.

Long story short.

Ever since my uncles passing, one thing has bugged me. A missing 1958 Chevy apache pickup. This was from a farm family that never trashed anything that "could" be used again. So it was weird not seeing it with the rest of the vehicles.

Last Saturday I was at one of the farms and saw a hood up on an older truck that was a ways off the main road, so i snaked around on the "farm" road path and totally hidden from the main road was one of the best deer setups ive seen in a long time. Two stands at opposite ends, one for morning one for evening and the feeder full of corn in the center! Kind or trespassing at this point though. I left my contact info at his trailcam. I was just more happy to see that truck and then cussing that it added another vehicle I need to move 2 miles to the main farm. 1x grain truck 1x snub nose semi 1x 71 chevy pickup 1x late 70's subaru 1x 78 chief cherokee ... Now a 58 apache......................

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care if it is 110, will be in the blind on Sunday morning. :thumb:

I have a three legged doe that I need to fill the freezer.
I didn’t say I wasn’t going. I just said it wasn’t going to be as nice.🤣

Most here have heard the story, but in 2015, I drove 500 miles for one evening hunt and sat in 95* heat for the chance to kill a 170 class buck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom