2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A hoot owl certainly spooked this little buck.

IMG_2105.jpeg

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a deer hunting superstition they’ll admit to?
I don’t hunt on opening day. About 25 years ago, I’m pretty sure that I set a world record in the long distance jump. It happened fast, but a diamondback struck between my legs in mid stride. Since that incident, I haven’t hunted on opening day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is I always tell my wife that I will be gone ALL day. Needless to say, I am usually home by noon. My desire seems to fall off after about half a day.
Those all day sits are sometimes a chore, but a good battery backup for the phone and some YouTube video's help pass the time. Used to watch football, but no more. Reading on the Kindle app works too.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a deer hunting superstition they’ll admit to?
Im not sure it’s a superstition so much as it is just something silly to blame if we’re unsuccessful, but we slap each others boots on the way out of camp. It’s always fun to see a new guest try to figure out what’s going on, and the slaps get pretty creative, haha.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those all day sits are sometimes a chore, but a good battery backup for the phone and some YouTube video's help pass the time. Used to watch football, but no more. Reading on the Kindle app works too.
I listen to books on Audible all the time, but I’ve tried listening while hunting and can’t do it. I feel like I’m missing something by not hearing what’s going on around me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I listen to books on Audible all the time, but I’ve tried listening while hunting and can’t do it. I feel like I’m missing something by not hearing what’s going on around me.
Hell, I can't hear anything going on around me with my government caused hearing loss, so it's to my advantage to occupy my mind otherwise. I do keep the phone in the widow of the blind so anything moving gets caught in the spherical vision and do a visual scan after every page if I'm reading.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to wear my electronic noise headphones that I use when pistol shooting. Since I have some hearing loss it’s nice that they amplify the sounds around me when it’s not a loud rapport like a gun shot

Latest posts

Top Bottom