2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oksportsman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A0F3A560-47A0-4668-96D5-48FB31CA04BA.jpeg

Nice last day of muzzle loader season

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week, one of my best friends said his son was anxious for rifle season this year, hoping to get his first deer. I actually gifted him his first rifle last year, a Ruger American 308, thanks to @BobbyV .

I said, “Why wait for rifle season? It’s muzzleloader season now.” As it turned out, he was headed to the national FFA convention in Indianapolis and wouldn’t be home until Saturday night. Still, I got my muzzleloader ready and sent it home with him. Told him all he has to do is cap it, cock the hammer, and shoot straight. Eli was able to go out on Sunday afternoon, sat for 2 hrs and this guy came out at 120 yds. One shot and the buck went down in 40 yds. Not bad at all for his first deer, hunting for only 2 hrs with a borrowed muzzleloader.

View attachment 427089
You just made that kid a Hunter. Congrats on you for loaning him the rifle and him making tbe shot.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last week, one of my best friends said his son was anxious for rifle season this year, hoping to get his first deer. I actually gifted him his first rifle last year, a Ruger American 308, thanks to @BobbyV .

I said, “Why wait for rifle season? It’s muzzleloader season now.” As it turned out, he was headed to the national FFA convention in Indianapolis and wouldn’t be home until Saturday night. Still, I got my muzzleloader ready and sent it home with him. Told him all he has to do is cap it, cock the hammer, and shoot straight. Eli was able to go out on Sunday afternoon, sat for 2 hrs and this guy came out at 120 yds. One shot and the buck went down in 40 yds. Not bad at all for his first deer, hunting for only 2 hrs with a borrowed muzzleloader.

View attachment 427089

Very nice . . . hopefully he's able to tag out with that new rifle.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 427089
Congrats to the young man! Awesome deer

Latest posts

Top Bottom