2023 NRA Ballot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recommend those of you with ballots write in Philip Journey of Wichita, KS. He was on the board and was critical of WLP and was informed in September on 2022 that he would not be renominated to the board of directors. Does anyone here know the nominee from OKC Mark E. Vaughn?
The NRA members do elect the board and most members are so frustrated with it's direction. But the interests of the majority are frustrated by those in control of who is nominated to the board.
I think we could get WLP out if we could organize some dissident right in candidates. It'll be a long battle and I'm sure there is not enough time to do anything on this ballot but I plan to write in Philip Journey so they will at least know where I stand.

https://thereload.com/nra-board-moves-to-keep-dissident-member-off-ballot/
Wont happen. Too many FUDS in the NRA

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I share your frustration, and wish I knew how to fix it. I'm a Benefactor Life Member, have been for some time, but have not given one cent to the NRA, NRA-ILA, or NRA-PVF in a long time. I do still donate to the Whittington Center, because they receive no funding directly from the NRA. All the trash mail I kept getting from the NRA wanting more money, I started mailing back to them with a note I had written and saved, telling them they would not get any more money from me at all until WLP was removed and there had been a complete forensic accounting of all assets of the NRA, NRA-ILA, and NRA-PVF. It took a while, but guess what? I stopped getting all of that junk mail. WLP is so firmly entrenched, I honestly don't know how we get rid of him. It would take a massive, nation-wide effort to completely change the current make-up of the Board.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recommend those of you with ballots write in Philip Journey of Wichita, KS. He was on the board and was critical of WLP and was informed in September on 2022 that he would not be renominated to the board of directors. Does anyone here know the nominee from OKC Mark E. Vaughn?
The NRA members do elect the board and most members are so frustrated with it's direction. But the interests of the majority are frustrated by those in control of who is nominated to the board.
I think we could get WLP out if we could organize some dissident right in candidates. It'll be a long battle and I'm sure there is not enough time to do anything on this ballot but I plan to write in Philip Journey so they will at least know where I stand.

Mark Vaughn is VP of the OKC gun club. Also known for taking down the machete guy at the york plant near norman a few years ago if memory serves me right

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mark Vaughn is VP of the OKC gun club. Also known for taking down the machete guy at the york plant near norman a few years ago if memory serves me right
It was at Vaughn Foods in Moore, think he owns it or his family does. The guy killed one woman and was trying to kill another when he shot him.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my copy of American Rifleman today and inside was the 2023 ballot. I'd like to see Wayne LaPierre (WLP) replaced. I understand that he has done a very good job cementing his position. I think he's done this by controlling the nominating committee. I am a lifetime member and a supporter and a defender of the NRA. I hate the corruption that I feel WLP represents to many in our community. Whether this image is deserved of not seems less important to me than how common it it. I hear over and over from gun lovers about how could I support the NRA and how they are not going to renew their membership.

It was at Vaughn Foods in Moore, think he owns it or his family does. The guy killed one woman and was trying to kill another when he shot him.

He's my uncle. He is the former President of the OKCGC and started the Cowboy Action Range there, and is the current VP. He was the owner of Vaughan Foods, his father started it decades ago and had long since passed. Mark grew it from a little place called Super Spuds into Vaughan Foods. Mark sold it years ago to Reeser Foods. Reeser Foods owned it at the time, and Mark was the CFO at the time of the incendent. He is on OCSO's tactical team, and one of their firearms instructors. He is on the NRA LEO Training Council, LEO of the Year, and currently on the board. I can't recall that he's ever spoke out against WLP, but he is friends with several of the outed board members like Duane Liptak.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's my uncle. He is the former President of the OKCGC and started the Cowboy Action Range there, and is the current VP. He was the owner of Vaughan Foods, his father started it decades ago and had long since passed. Mark grew it from a little place called Super Spuds into Vaughan Foods. Mark sold it years ago to Reeser Foods. Reeser Foods owned it at the time, and Mark was the CFO at the time of the incendent. He is on OCSO's tactical team, and one of their firearms instructors. He is on the NRA LEO Training Council, LEO of the Year, and currently on the board. I can't recall that he's ever spoke out against WLP, but he is friends with several of the outed board members like Duane Liptak.
He got my vote the other day when I sent it in.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a life member and wish I never became one. This was when I didn’t know much about things in the gun community. WLP is so corrupt it ain’t even funny. Also, many of the board members are loyal to him. He ain’t going nowhere. Pete Brownell ran for president a few years ago and quit because he found out how corrupt it was. He knew he couldn’t change nothing. Anyone that supports the NRA is nuts. They have been anti gun since the beginning. The two men that started it were FOR gun control. And the NRA has supported and even helped to write all the major anti gun laws we have.

I am a Patriot member with the GOA and they get my money. They actually use the money I give to fight for our freedom. They have done alot of good. I wish the NRA would be destroyed. But there are far too many fudds that still think they are the greatest. Sickens me how clueless people are.

If you actually think your vote matters with the NRA, you are dead wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom