2023 waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been known as the sharpest tool in the shed and still not. We hunted in the blizzard of 08 at thunderbird. Started snowing when we got there and after 3 hrs we had enough. Couldn’t see anything past 10 yards. It was actually a lot of fun. It accumulated so much that we were plowing snow with the bumper of the Z71. There were a couple times I wasn’t sure where the pavement was even at on those lake roads. Took us an hour and a half to get back to Midwest city but we did take it pretty slow and cautious. More than likely I’ll be out breaking ice this weekend in hopes of getting a few birds.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you. FYI - I ran the band and it was born in 2019, banded in 2020 about ten miles from where I shot it. These fat Canadas sure don't like to move far away.
Seems like all the greaters have just assumed the title of "resident" and either don't migrate at all or migrate all the way up to Wichita lol. Inside the city limits of Wichita there's a ton of water and they're FULL of greaters all spring, summer and most of the fall.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’ve had a pretty rough season so far in NE OK, but finally found a spot that’s been producing. Let’s hope this front pushes in some numbers!
IMG_3741.jpeg
IMG_1720.jpeg
IMG_3734.jpeg
IMG_3734.jpeg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before steel shot was mandatory we would go hunt/fish in Little City for 2 weeks in the cold winter.
That overflow pond would freeze up good.

After 2-3 days of no bath or shower I stripped down and broke through the ice and laid my ivory soap on the ice and began bathing in the waist deep water.

It did not seem all that bad compared to the results.
I bathed every day after that.

My face and hair gets very oily in a day and I have to wash.
I do not recall anyone else bathing. Just me and the Black Lab.
This post doesn't need pics. Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom