2023 waterfowl.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
After this band I went and counted my certificates and I ended up with 13, one was a dove banded in ND. Well, actually only 12 because the feds never sent me one on a green wing teal a few years ago. I still have the confirmation so it should be 13.

Of the thousands of birds we've killed over the years, we've had 1 bwt, 1 cackler, one snow and one double band mallard drake with a $100 reward band.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the thousands of birds we've killed over the years, we've had 1 bwt, 1 cackler, one snow and one double band mallard drake with a $100 reward band.
I have a dove, widgeon, GWT, mallard, speck ($100 reward band), fat lazy Canadas and lessers.

Random musings by Dorkus:
My coolest band story is pretty amazing to me but I couldn't get anyone in my family to really care. It was from two lessers; one was banded in Nunavut (way the heck up there) on July 21, 2005 while the second was banned on July 22, 2005 in the same location by the same guy.

I shot both birds, one on December 16, 2006 and the other on December 20th about 1/4 of a mile from each other in Western Oklahoma.

So these two birds banded two days apart then traveled thousands of miles in separate flocks to the same location a year and a half later. That is just freaking fascinating to me.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dhs.jpg

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 444246
Decent solo hunt this morning. Still not seeing a big increase in bird numbers. Seems like this year I keep thinking this will be the front that pushes the out of MO and KS, but never materializes.
We say that every January.
"This will be the cold push that brings in new birds!"

Pffft.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 444246
Decent solo hunt this morning. Still not seeing a big increase in bird numbers. Seems like this year I keep thinking this will be the front that pushes the out of MO and KS, but never materializes.
Hey now, that’s ain’t too bad. Congrats

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
View attachment 444246
That's pretty much been my story for the last few years. They just quit showing up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom