.22 Bolt Action Reccomendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go for the "One of Each" plan. I have a Marlin 925, next is a Savage FV-SR, then a CZ-45* .22lr. Why not?

The one thing I wish there were more of, is full size .22 rifles.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no experience with the CZ rifles but I just picked up a Savage MK II and am definitely impressed with the rifle that you get for the cost. A standard MK II F (without accutrigger) can be had at Walmart for $127. The same model with the adjustable two stage trigger will run $177...one with the trigger and heavy barrel (scope bases only - no iron sights) is a little over $230. Thanks to Glocktogo I found the MK II FV-SR model in the photo below which comes with the accutrigger, fluted and threaded heavy barrel, one piece weaver mount, and tactical bolt handle for $252 plus tax locally. Not sure if any other manufacturer can offer the types of features that Savage does for the cost.

ai181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_SavageFV_SR003edited.jpg

Do want

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ-452 Trainer - the only difference between it and all the other more expensive CZ-452 models is the stock and the iron sights. The action is identical in all the CZ-452 models.

The Marlin 925 is a great little 22 - especially for the price. My oldest daughter could shoot nickel to quarter sized groups with it at 75 yds all day long (I often regret giving it to a son in law it was such a nice rifle).

Latest posts

Top Bottom