.22 conversion for AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buzz, thanks for the review. Is it an actual AR lower? Or is it unique?

The lower was made where it won't accept a .223 upper and this was done on purpose by Smith. The lower was only designed to handle the stress of a .22 round. However as I stated the guts of the lower are all within spec and can be swapped out.

Oh and I forgot to mention, the Wifey bought it for me as a Christmas present as you can tell by the tree in the first pic. Best present she ever bought me. I will see if I can make this a permanent thing and get a new gun every Christmas...

SIG229

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kurt and Buzz, thanks a ton for the info. I'm looking for a good trainer for inexpensive high-volume firing and manipulation. Kurt, will the Nordic hold 2MOA to 100yds.? If so, was it a particular brand of ammo that got that result or pretty much anything?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes the Nordic unit I have been testing will shoot well under 2 M.O.A. at 100, and it did it with Winchester hi vel, Federal bulk pack, and Fiocchi. Best group I got was 5 in a little over 3/8" at 50, and I am only using an Eo-Tech. so from this one unit I will have to say yes. The other testers have also noted good accuracy. KurtM

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes the Nordic unit I have been testing will shoot well under 2 M.O.A. at 100, and it did it with Winchester hi vel, Federal bulk pack, and Fiocchi. Best group I got was 5 in a little over 3/8" at 50, and I am only using an Eo-Tech. so from this one unit I will have to say yes. The other testers have also noted good accuracy. KurtM

Can you even buy these yet? I can only find their 10/22 ar 15 conversion stuff.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will be available by the end of April, and they are well worth the wait! We will have several for folks to try at the High Plains Shotgun Challenge on the 10-11th of April, so even if your not shooting the match come check one out. OKC Gun Club. KurtM

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will be available by the end of April, and they are well worth the wait! We will have several for folks to try at the High Plains Shotgun Challenge on the 10-11th of April, so even if your not shooting the match come check one out. OKC Gun Club. KurtM

I thought I was an internet dummy when I couldn't find the afore-mentioned completed upper.
Guess I have to wait, or come to the shoot.
Can't say I can be there, but do you have a link to the location of the club?
I have that weekend off, but the crappie and sand bass are running and that may be where I'm at.
A newb at the IPSC, and never have done a shotgun Challenge shoot, although I am a shotgun guy for hunting, and clays.

Just how does a shotgun challenge shoot go?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well The High Plains Shotgun Challenge is the name of the largest action shotgun match in the U.S. Think of it like a USPSA action pistol match only done with shotguns. You will see over lapping shoot/no shoot target out to 15 yards to be engaged with shot. There will be Buck shot only stages, and of course slug stages out to 100 yds. Go to the web site to see pictures and find more info highplainsshotgunchallenge.com KurtM R.M. for the above match.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well The High Plains Shotgun Challenge is the name of the largest action shotgun match in the U.S. Think of it like a USPSA action pistol match only done with shotguns. You will see over lapping shoot/no shoot target out to 15 yards to be engaged with shot. There will be Buck shot only stages, and of course slug stages out to 100 yds. Go to the web site to see pictures and find more info highplainsshotgunchallenge.com KurtM R.M. for the above match.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out:D

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A real quick up-date. Nordic MAY have it's new .22 MAGNUM upper at the High Plains match for all to see and play with...thats right a dedicated .22 MAG upper!!!(it depends on if the magazines are ready or not) Also for those wondering, You can ask the design engineer himself, who will be at the match, if they are palnning a .17 Rimfire. Its all good and there will be at least 3 of the operational .22 LR uppers for those of you who wish to try them out. KurtM

Latest posts

Top Bottom