.22lr @ Academy? What gives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
amazing .22 shortage is still on going ... still have not purchased a single round through this entire run-up cycle.

got all calibers I shoot covered with reloading components, except of course .22 .. hate to say this but .22 would be the only ammo I'd consider purchasing. but not anytime soon ..

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read somewhere recently that the ammo companies have been holding off building new manufacturing capabilities to see if this was a bubble or a new trend. They've done their research and have decided it's the new norm. They are all in the process of adding on or building new manufacturing plants. So at worst by mid 2014 they supply should catch up with the demand. Hopefully sooner, if people quit buying the gouger stock they'll quit scooping it up.

DAMAGAN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if people quit buying the gouger stock they'll quit scooping it up.

Exactly! Academy had 26Gr Hollow Point Winchester .22lr the other evening and I said I'll take two. No price posted and didn't ask. Went to one of those price scanners and it was $8.99 for the box of 50. I took them back to the gun counter and said nevermind. I found boxes of 100 in 36Gr HP for that a while back. I even had some guy see me carrying the .22lr around before I knew how much it was and he said something to me as he walked by to the tune of "you bought those out from under me" or something... Anywho its not worth it at .18 cents a round.

Latest posts

Top Bottom