?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think very few people in the "community" expect the school system to raise their kids. I do think that there is a small segment of the community, the poor, that expect or to some degree, demand that the schools system raise their kids. Give them free breakfasts and free lunches or vouchers for the meals, vouchers or free after school care, etc It's not the school districts responsibility to feed and baby sit kids for free.

First, you'd be surprised of the mindset of ALL demographics in terms of expectations of teachers raising their kids. Would you say parents are more involved currently opposed to 20 years ago? or does it seem many constantly blame the district for their kids behavior problem or test scores?

Second, on the "poorer" side of things, most of the "free" food used to feed kids comes via private non-profits, you can reference the Food Bank of Oklahoma as a starting point if needed. You see teachers have learned it's much easier to teach kids when they are NOT hungry or are NOT worried if they will eat dinner. So they've partnered up with several non-profits to remedy the situation. Hate to say it, but it's the teachers, administrators, and..... (gasp) those bleeding heart liberals that are finding a solution to the problem..... and it's not significantly costing us taxpayers. Again, boots on the ground perspective.

Third, I certainly agree in terms of personal responsibility with regards to teachers and administrators whom are performing poorly. Even more so, I'm going to take this a step further and say who's fault is this? Where's the leadership within the communities, all the way up to the state legislature? How do these people vote?

To my other point, I truly believe that if the school districts were run like a private corporation you'd have much stronger support from the community. There is not personal responsibility with the public school systems like there is in the private sector. You don't perform, you're gone, period. If you don't like it, goodbye. But we know that would never happen. So, you got what you have right now, which is the way the liberals like it, so you got it.

How is it "the way liberals like it" when this state is the reddest state in the country? If we are true conservatives here then I'm lost on why "Republican" values are not ingrained in the system? It's not like we haven't had the votes here in Oklahoma since the beginning of time. It's like Democrats have nobody but themselves to blame for Detroit's infrastructure issues. It seems the reality is that THIS is the way "Republicans" like it. The consolidation of school districts could happen tomorrow if they wanted it to. But for some reason education is knocked in general and teachers as a whole are blamed, when there's a significant amount of ignorance on how the education system is funded OR the even the fundamental logistics on how it operates. Several comments on this board reflect that very mindset.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the Old County Superintendents closed the one room 1st to 8th grade Schools located in section 16 & 36 of every township. (These were Dependent Schools if you wanted to go to High School you moved to town or walked) the local small town school was the Independent School.

We are now at that point with the small town school, need to be reclassified as Dependent Schools Districts and only have Pre-K to 5th. Student would move or parents take them to school in the nearest, larger small town or the would have the option of using a chrome book and an program like PASSKEY (that is used for home schooling or alternative schools) it does a better job of teaching than any teacher does in Oklahoma.

There is no need for buses in a school system, Oklahoma City Metro Schools never had a Snow Day until 1968 when the finger plan made them bus students from one side of town to the other.

Just gonna double down on the stupid eh?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm asking once more to lay off the insults, attacks, and so on. Attack the topic, and try your best not to attack the other member. If you want to insult someone, do it to their face, by PM, or in some other fashion beside posting on a public forum. To paraphrase another who puts it very well: "If you continue to do this, I am going to follow you around with a stick and whack you with it every time you act up until you either stop or go away". Thank you. And have a nice day. Kumbaya.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm asking once more to lay off the insults, attacks, and so on. Attack the topic, and try your best not to attack the other member. If you want to insult someone, do it to their face, by PM, or in some other fashion beside posting on a public forum. To paraphrase another who puts it very well: "If you continue to do this, I am going to follow you around with a stick and whack you with it every time you act up until you either stop or go away". Thank you. And have a nice day. Kumbaya.
I thought advocating violence was against the rules

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please do not chase people away from my thread. As long as this thread lives, my low self-esteem goes up. It just makes me feel good to be famous.
If this thread dies I will have to go back to sitting at Greenlights with my bumper sticker that says, "Honk if you think I am sexy."

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, you'd be surprised of the mindset of ALL demographics in terms of expectations of teachers raising their kids. Would you say parents are more involved currently opposed to 20 years ago? or does it seem many constantly blame the district for their kids behavior problem or test scores?

Second, on the "poorer" side of things, most of the "free" food used to feed kids comes via private non-profits, you can reference the Food Bank of Oklahoma as a starting point if needed. You see teachers have learned it's much easier to teach kids when they are NOT hungry or are NOT worried if they will eat dinner. So they've partnered up with several non-profits to remedy the situation. Hate to say it, but it's the teachers, administrators, and..... (gasp) those bleeding heart liberals that are finding a solution to the problem..... and it's not significantly costing us taxpayers. Again, boots on the ground perspective.

Third, I certainly agree in terms of personal responsibility with regards to teachers and administrators whom are performing poorly. Even more so, I'm going to take this a step further and say who's fault is this? Where's the leadership within the communities, all the way up to the state legislature? How do these people vote?

How is it "the way liberals like it" when this state is the reddest state in the country? If we are true conservatives here then I'm lost on why "Republican" values are not ingrained in the system? It's not like we haven't had the votes here in Oklahoma since the beginning of time. It's like Democrats have nobody but themselves to blame for Detroit's infrastructure issues. It seems the reality is that THIS is the way "Republicans" like it. The consolidation of school districts could happen tomorrow if they wanted it to. But for some reason education is knocked in general and teachers as a whole are blamed, when there's a significant amount of ignorance on how the education system is funded OR the even the fundamental logistics on how it operates. Several comments on this board reflect that very mindset.

It doesn't matter how "red" a state is or how "blue" a state is. The fact of the matter is that the teaching profession and the unions that go along with them are vastly more liberal and progressive in their beliefs, voting and support of democrat narratives. There is no disputing that. Look at OU and OSU and their belief system. Very little difference between the universities in OK and the K-12 system in all states.

Where are you getting your info that teachers and administrators are using the Oklahoma Food Bank to feed the kids? I see nothing on their website that states that. Also, you go on to say that it's the democrats that are the ones doing this and finding ways to feed the hungry students then you go on to say that all these teachers and administrators are actually republicans because the state is so "Red". So, which is it? you can't have it both ways.

In the end, I don't care if you are a liberal or a conservative and decide to teach our kids and in some cases, "raise out kids"; if you fight against teacher accountability, fight for tenure and go out on strike because its "for the children" and then most of the money goes to salary and bennies you should be ashamed of yourselves and expect ridicule, at the least, from the community. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how "red" a state is or how "blue" a state is. The fact of the matter is that the teaching profession and the unions that go along with them are vastly more liberal and progressive in their beliefs, voting and support of democrat narratives. There is no disputing that. Look at OU and OSU and their belief system. Very little difference between the universities in OK and the K-12 system in all states.

Where are you getting your info that teachers and administrators are using the Oklahoma Food Bank to feed the kids? I see nothing on their website that states that. Also, you go on to say that it's the democrats that are the ones doing this and finding ways to feed the hungry students then you go on to say that all these teachers and administrators are actually republicans because the state is so "Red". So, which is it? you can't have it both ways.

In the end, I don't care if you are a liberal or a conservative and decide to teach our kids and in some cases, "raise out kids"; if you fight against teacher accountability, fight for tenure and go out on strike because its "for the children" and then most of the money goes to salary and bennies you should be ashamed of yourselves and expect ridicule, at the least, from the community. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

Doesn't matter? It's funny how we will reference and place blame on the left for a city or country that is failing because they are the political party that accounts for the majority, but when we look in he mirror, it's somehow magically the fault of a liberal minority within our state. Who's not taking responsibility here? What a line of BS lol. Who controls and has controlled, the legislature, for YEARS. Drop the "it's the liberals" fault routine.... it's just not going to work. The politicians make the frame work to which the education system is funded and operates. Constantly undercutting the teachers and support staff doesn't do anyone any favors.

Where do I get that the Oklahoma Food bank feeds kids? They are a distributor for several partners/pantries across Oklahoma, well known fact. How hard did you look on their website?

https://okfoodbank.org/what-we-do/food-for-kids/

Do I need to reference all of the non-profits that feed kids on a daily basis? Again.... "boots on the ground" observations would help here. Now by far and large these organizations that go out and feed kids would be considered "liberal." That is what I'm speaking of.

Cliff notes:
Legislature.... doing nothing... red.
Non-profits...... feeding kids so teachers can teach....."blue."

To the last point. Again, I'm thinking you have NO clue what is going on here in Oklahoma. You say they should expect ridicule because most of the money goes to salaries? Did you miss the fact that the teachers remained on the walkout AFTER they got their raise and continued to do so to get more funding for schools? This literally was plastered on the news 24/7 so I have no idea how you missed this. I'm not sure where the strawman arguments came from either. To hold Republicans accountable for the mess we are in is not to ignore accountability within the system. If you read what I said, I agreed with that. Boots on the ground..... again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom