?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From Post 66
Where do I get that the Oklahoma Food bank feeds kids? They are a distributor for several partners/pantries across Oklahoma, well known fact. How hard did you look on their website?

Non-Profit organization use the term partners to inflate the numbers. To get more donations.

OKC Public Schools furnish 30,000 (Example) free meals to under 18 year olds and 99% is paid from State & Federal Money. Tulsa Interurban Schools do the same 30,000 (Example) free meals

Feed The ******* sends a case of corn to OKC Schools and, Oklahoma Food ****. Oklahoma Food **** sends a case of green beans to Tulsa Schools and Feed The *******.

Now each Non Profit puts on there web site that they are furnishing 60,000 free meals with their PARTNERS

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter? It's funny how we will reference and place blame on the left for a city or country that is failing because they are the political party that accounts for the majority, but when we look in he mirror, it's somehow magically the fault of a liberal minority within our state. Who's not taking responsibility here? What a line of BS lol. Who controls and has controlled, the legislature, for YEARS. Drop the "it's the liberals" fault routine.... it's just not going to work. The politicians make the frame work to which the education system is funded and operates. Constantly undercutting the teachers and support staff doesn't do anyone any favors.

Where do I get that the Oklahoma Food bank feeds kids? They are a distributor for several partners/pantries across Oklahoma, well known fact. How hard did you look on their website?

https://okfoodbank.org/what-we-do/food-for-kids/

Do I need to reference all of the non-profits that feed kids on a daily basis? Again.... "boots on the ground" observations would help here. Now by far and large these organizations that go out and feed kids would be considered "liberal." That is what I'm speaking of.

Cliff notes:
Legislature.... doing nothing... red.
Non-profits...... feeding kids so teachers can teach....."blue."

To the last point. Again, I'm thinking you have NO clue what is going on here in Oklahoma. You say they should expect ridicule because most of the money goes to salaries? Did you miss the fact that the teachers remained on the walkout AFTER they got their raise and continued to do so to get more funding for schools? This literally was plastered on the news 24/7 so I have no idea how you missed this. I'm not sure where the strawman arguments came from either. To hold Republicans accountable for the mess we are in is not to ignore accountability within the system. If you read what I said, I agreed with that. Boots on the ground..... again.

I will concede on the food bank info. I was on that site and didn't see that page. Was late and didn't drill in further. We don't have that type of help out here, for the most part in our schools. Taxes typically go to these school programs which I don't agree with, to some degree, for several reasons.

Well, when it comes to schools I'm firm in my belief that the liberal and progressive mindset is ingrained in all levels of our schools throughout the country. This is no different in OK. You obviously don't agree. How you don't see that is beyond me. I'll just try to keep reminding myself that whatever you teachers do "it's for the kids" .

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regard to whether it is "red" or "blue" that is controlling the school system, keep in mind that there is a federal agency called the Department of Education. With that agency, the teacher's unions and any other group that wants to influence schools in policy or even the actual education criteria only have to "lobby" that agency instead of having to lobby 50 state Dept. of Educations and countless school boards across the country.

That said, I would venture to say that the federal agency has a lot more liberal employees than conservative ones, thus it is very possible that they are friendly to liberal agenda items. How people in Oklahoma (or any other state) vote doesn't have much of a factor on what comes out of D.C.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will concede on the food bank info. I was on that site and didn't see that page. Was late and didn't drill in further. We don't have that type of help out here, for the most part in our schools. Taxes typically go to these school programs which I don't agree with, to some degree, for several reasons.

Well, when it comes to schools I'm firm in my belief that the liberal and progressive mindset is ingrained in all levels of our schools throughout the country. This is no different in OK. You obviously don't agree. How you don't see that is beyond me. I'll just try to keep reminding myself that whatever you teachers do "it's for the kids" .

Yes yes.... I get it.... liberals are to blame even though they don't control the legislature. Stunning logic and an impressive displacement of accountability.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With regard to whether it is "red" or "blue" that is controlling the school system, keep in mind that there is a federal agency called the Department of Education. With that agency, the teacher's unions and any other group that wants to influence schools in policy or even the actual education criteria only have to "lobby" that agency instead of having to lobby 50 state Dept. of Educations and countless school boards across the country.

That said, I would venture to say that the federal agency has a lot more liberal employees than conservative ones, thus it is very possible that they are friendly to liberal agenda items. How people in Oklahoma (or any other state) vote doesn't have much of a factor on what comes out of D.C.

Only problem with this red herring, is that the DOE doesn't control the state level funding, teacher pay, district allocation, and day to day logistics of the education system in Oklahoma.

Y'all are just as bad as the democrats in Detroit. It's obviously someone else's fault eh?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only problem with this red herring, is that the DOE doesn't control the state level funding, teacher pay, district allocation, and day to day logistics of the education system in Oklahoma.

Y'all are just as bad as the democrats in Detroit. It's obviously someone else's fault eh?

And, I suppose that there is "nothing" coming out of D.C. that impacts or mandates how the various states have to spend their money? I'm not saying that the state doesn't get funding messed up, but they aren't the only factor. I was a school board member back in the '80's and dang sure remember that the feds "required" compliance from the schools in order for them to continue getting funds for school lunches.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From Post 66

Non-Profit organization use the term partners to inflate the numbers. To get more donations.

OKC Public Schools furnish 30,000 (Example) free meals to under 18 year olds and 99% is paid from State & Federal Money. Tulsa Interurban Schools do the same 30,000 (Example) free meals

Feed The ******* sends a case of corn to OKC Schools and, Oklahoma Food ****. Oklahoma Food **** sends a case of green beans to Tulsa Schools and Feed The *******.

Now each Non Profit puts on there web site that they are furnishing 60,000 free meals with their PARTNERS

This shows a gross amount of ignorance on how this works.

In essence....No. They use partners because they mainly act as distributor, almost like a private business. Their food donations primarily come from local businesses. They DO use the perishable food to cook for local organizations and they will distribute the food themselves (given the link) and to non-profits whom distribute to kids.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And, I suppose that there is "nothing" coming out of D.C. that impacts or mandates how the various states have to spend their money? I'm not saying that the state doesn't get funding messed up, but they aren't the only factor. I was a school board member back in the '80's and dang sure remember that the feds "required" compliance from the schools in order for them to continue getting funds for school lunches.

That excuse doesn't work, EVERY state has to deal with the same "mandates."

If you can relay that D.C. controls how we spend our money on salaries, support staff, books, supplies, building maintenance etc and is responsible for cutting state level funding.... then I'm all ears. Seems we just refuse to take responsibility here. Just like with the democrats, it's always someone else's fault, "conservatives" on this board talk about personal responsibility all the time. Well, push comes to shove, and there's some empty foxholes around here.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This shows a gross amount of ignorance on how this works.

In essence....No. They use partners because they mainly act as distributor, almost like a private business. Their food donations primarily come from local businesses. They DO use the perishable food to cook for local organizations and they will distribute the food themselves (given the link) and to non-profits whom distribute to kids.

Do you know how to read and understand form 990?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently I'm not very smart and I don't have a "boots on the ground" perspective so can someone please 'splain this to me. Seems like the teachers strike achieved an additional $479M in funding for 2019. However, with my public school education it looks like approx. 85% will go to salaries and bennies for the teachers and support staff. The rest, $70M, goes to the schools? If this is in fact the case the strike was for what? Teacher pay or for more money for the classrooms? This came from the website Laborpress.

upload_2018-4-21_8-32-17.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom