26 Hours and Counting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's how long we have been without power. Thank God we have snow to at least keep our food items cold, and a fireplace that provides some heat.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was younger we went two weeks without power one winter. Cooked on our wood stove. We lived on top of a mile long hill so we couldn't even go anywhere and the power line was down in our field/front yard so they couldn't get to it if they wanted.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gone longer without power but that was before my wife and son came along. I'm just frustrated because the power is repaired for our across the street neighbors and the street lights are powered but they haven't managed to get the rest of the neighborhood up.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gone longer without power but that was before my wife and son came along. I'm just frustrated because the power is repaired for our across the street neighbors and the street lights are powered but they haven't managed to get the rest of the neighborhood up.

In 2007, after the ice storm, every single person on the planet had power restored before they got to our one little tiny block in Bethany. You are right -- it's frustrating to see everyone else's power on and yours not. It was that way for 3 days. Finally, GC stopped at their little station they had set up in Homeland's parking lot on his way home from work and asked the guys when they thought they might get to us. He said, judging by the look on their faces when he told them our address, that they thought they already had us fixed up.

We live in a really bad spot -- right on the cusp of Bethany/OKC ... kind of a no man's land when it comes to services ... Right after I moved in, I spent 20 minutes on the phone with a 911 operator trying to convince her that she needed to send OKC Fire out to my house even though we have a Bethany address, because I pay OKC utilities ... It's a wonder the house didn't burn down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom