The best holiday is ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanksgiving. For me at least. A boatload of good food that I probably didn't do a thing to help with, although I guess I might have to go pick up the pies. My wife already gets stressed out with 2 or 3 other women in the kitchen with her. That's my story anyhow.

We will have way too much food and way too many side dishes but I have learned to keep my mouth shut. As long as there is white meat turkey, dressing, gravy, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream, it'll be great. Plus a bunch of family I seldom see so that's good too. And football.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Halloween. I LOVE the kiddos and their costumes. Even the teenagers. Their costumes are a riot! 🤣 I had probably a dozen or so groups of kids come by this year -- that's twice as many as we had last year. And the neighborhoods around us (ours too as a matter of fact) did more decorating -- one house even had a walk-thru haunted house set up in their half-circle driveway. It was TOO stinking cute! -- this year. I hope I feel good enough to decorate next year. I LOVE sitting out front (weather permitting) and visiting with the kids as they go up and down the street.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was the first time my grandson could go trick or treating. We pulled him from house to house in a wagon and then let him walk up to the door. He didn't really catch on though as he usually tried to give the candy back. He liked seeing the other kids though. Next year he'll be two and I bet it will be a blast.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Valentine’s Day, but not for the holiday itself. It’s the beginning of my fave time of year, early spring with the crocuses and daffodils, trees just starting to green up, and longer and warmer days after the dark chill of winter. Rebirth and the bright promise of new life. Wraps up around St. Patrick’s Day.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. . . the one you don't have to work and can hang out with your family!

I can only think of a handful of holidays we spent together since we got married -- until he retired from OHP. Now it's just not a big deal to us. Every day is a holiday and every holiday is just another day. 🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom