30 M1 Case Gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for a case gauge for the 30 carbine. I have the case length gauge, but I want the gauge that you drop the loaded round into to check the dimensions. I have one for every caliber I reload except the 30 carbine.

I've been on google and yahoo and every site that that sells reloading tools and products I can think of, but haven't found one.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of curiosity - what do you think it would tell you that your existing case gauge and a set of calipers wouldn't? Not intended as argument, just always hoping to learn something new and if it saves time in the reloading process I'm all over it. :)

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay ... well, plain old case gauges can be found at Midway and elsewhere. Sounds like you're looking more for a "chamber checker" that would check OAL as well; haven't seen one of those for the .30C. Don't know if you've read the "CARBINE SHOOTING WITH ACCURACY" document from CMP but it has some useful information about reloading this cartridge, including trimming case length to minimum at each loading.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that was the reason for the start of the thread. I've googled and yahooed and checked every site that I can find that sells reloading tools and no one has one for the 30 carbine. I called LE Wilson and they said they get a LOT of requests for it, but for some unknown reason they never made one.

Edit: Trimming the cases to length is not a problem, but the case gauges I'm using has more or less got me spoiled to a less tedious method of checking my reloading results. Im not looking for match grade accuracy, but a good reliable round with the hope of zero malfunctions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom