300aac cast bullets i made

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All my cast bullets are made from lee molds.
I like them...They do gall at the top so keep them clean and lube the areas that call for lube.
I have been using soap stone with great success.

I smoked a couple molds but found with those aluminum lee molds just clean them and get the mold up to temp .
No need for smoking ...Those 300aac bullets i cast were from a mold that was not smoked.

That mold is hard to heat up or should i say takes 2x as long to get up to temp...
Yes those molds are inexpensive.

I have a 200gr 6 cavity lee for my 45acp bullets i have cast over 2000 bullets with it and it still casts great.
Those 6 cavity ones will make a bunch of bullets fast.
I have numb hand issues due to 2 collapsed discs in my neck..and i can still make 500 bullets with that 6 cavity in one setting.
Then i must give myself a break. little over 1 hour

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I use anymore are Lee molds.

I still smoke, mostly because it doesn't cost anything but a match or two. On some of them it helps.

Generally speaking I keep the lead temp as low as possible. I usually don't worry about the few it takes to heat the mold up. I've found if I let the first couple sit in the mold longer they heat up quicker. Just my experience and YMMV. :wink2:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heat mine up on top of the lee melting pot also..never any issues with mold fill out even the 6 cavity fills out pretty quick.
I do leave my first few bullets in the mold longer to get it up to temp..
But until you play with this 2 cavity you will not experience a mold that is picky on heat and fill out.
I have been casting with lead over 30 years and this mold is the most finicky.

Once up to temp it casts great..
I can usually drop lead temp down and still get fill out with my other molds once the mold is up to temp.
Not this one..Drop lead temp and get wrinkled bullets pretty quick..

I enjoy casting...Seems like a few here do also..

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any thing with my lee's they will run too hot when i cast and i have to stop to let them cool down some before I cast more. I pickup a Lee 309-200 5r at Jerry's for my 30cal loads , anyone have an idea for 300blk loads with it 9 my main powdeers are 4895 4227 760 reddot unquie .

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loaded these up sunday 300blk -110gr(imr 4227 18gr)- 150gr( imr 4227 16gr)- lead 150gr( imr 4227 16gr ) if the weather holds off friday/weekend I plan to try to chrono them and see how they shoot , I may switch to H110 as there are more load data for it. left to right 223 69hp 300blk 110,300blk 150,300blk lead 150 , 30/06 M1 .

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 140

Latest posts

Top Bottom