.357 Sig vs 10mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a Glock 20, S&W 1006, and a Witness in 10mm.
The 10mm is such a fun round, and Academy on 71st used to sell the 180g Blazer ammo for $8 a box in years past.
Still have about 500 rounds of various ammo, and am currently on the lookout for a Witness Elite to put them in.
Love 10mm!

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a Glock 20, S&W 1006, and a Witness in 10mm.
The 10mm is such a fun round, and Academy on 71st used to sell the 180g Blazer ammo for $8 a box in years past.
Still have about 500 rounds of various ammo, and am currently on the lookout for a Witness Elite to put them in.
Love 10mm!

I'm guessing you haven't bought any in a while.

The aluminium 10mm at Academy is now $22 a box, and is sadly the best deal around for target ammo.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is the recoil compared to the 357 sig??

I shoot 10mm out of a S&W 1086, a heavy all stainless steel pistol, so the recoil isn't bad.

In a Glock 20/29 you can convert a 10mm to .40 S&W, 357 SIG or, for the exotic, 9x25 Dillon. I think the Witness series can do this too. I wish I had the guns and barrels so this question could be answered for sure.

Almost certainly though a full power 10mm is going to recoil a lot more than a full power 357 SIG when fired out of the same gun, it's just physics in action.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the Witness you can just buy new LS barrel from EAA for 40S&W, I think it's $110. The Witness will feed 40S&W from 10mm magazines. A full conversion kit is $200 from www.reedsammo.com here in OKC. The conversion kit is a complete drop-in slide with 1 magazine. You pop the slide lock pin out (just like a BHP/CZ) and just put the new slide on. The slide unit contains the slide, barrel, recoil guide rod and recoil spring. If you have a 10mm, conversion kits are available for 22LR, 9mm, 38Sup, 40S&W, and 45ACP.

EAA supposedly sells full Long-Slide conversion kits if you call them directly. They don't list them on their website. The LS barrel is L/G rifling instead of polygonal like the standard barrel.

Converting a Witness to .357 Sig and 9x25 Dillon would require an aftermarket barrel. The reports I've read of 9x25 were basically people reaming 38Super barrels and dropping them in a 10mm slide. I haven't Googled the 9x25 very heavily, though.

All reports indicate that EAA's customer service sucks and I hope you never have to deal with them.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're both flame throwers, but since the 10mm is generally available on Glock, Sig, S&W, and Witness full-size .45 frames, and the .357 comes on the 9mm/.40 frames, recoil seemed about even to me. I'd say the .357 felt pretty close to a hot .40 with a little more noise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom