38 Super

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand that reasoning for sure.
It’s a shame that the super hasn’t carried on in today’s world with the really good ballistics it’s got. The semi rimmed case extracts better than a 9mm in government models with their extractor design.
Post about it if you decide to go ahead.
TP

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always thought a double stack 1911 in 38 super would be a great combat pistol. At least I always wanted one.

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might be on to something here.
Question, with all of the high press 9mm ammo that is available now what is your interest in converting it to a super?
The super is a wonderful round. Extremely accurate, I think more so than a 9mm. You can also load the super to 357 mag performance and above, in most if not all bullets SAFELY, no extreme pressures. I am in the process of procuring necessary parts and tools for a custom super build, alas, fixed income, and medical issues not helping. So my build will be a slow process. Mine will not be a twin stacker though. Smaller hands. Try one and let it cast a spell on you, and you will see the “why” part.