.410 for doves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Done that for years. I have no problem with lost, or even wounded birds - almost all are DRT. I do pick my shots and avoid some that a lot of people would take (and probably shouldn't) with a heavier gun. I don't care much for eating Dove but several of us usually go out once a year as a warmup for Quail and Pheasant seasons. Then we come back and grill em up. (It doesn't hurt that I won several NSSA .410 championships at shoots between the late 60's and the 80's.) The .410 is an experts gun but anyone can get there with enough good practice.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a limit of doves last year with my Fausti O/U 410. Like most have said, you just have to pick your shots. Keep em close, and you will be OK. I'm going to teal hunt with mine this year.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
use to use a .410 for a rabbit gun, even shot a few dove with them, but it was in my preteens before I knew you wasn't supposed to shoot them off the highlines. You all are hella hunters shooting dove with a .410, my hats are off to you.

thinking back, actually knocked a ton of birds one time out of a tree with a .410 stevens, that looked like it had leaves, but it was all wild birds, with a single shot, knocked 8 or 9 of them out of the tree. One of those shots that when they all fell you went WTH?

Latest posts

Top Bottom