.45 ACP revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus tracker, Ruger blackhawk dual cylinder. most popular was the 1917 colt but they haven't been made for years.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I'll be "that guy" and ask the question.

Why?

I'm not being a jerk, I just don't understand what role such a gun would fill.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'll be "that guy" and ask the question.

Why?

I'm not being a jerk, I just don't understand what role such a gun would fill.

A .45 ACP Revolver would make a potent Home Defense Gun that would be more reliable than any auto on the market...

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True. It would be more reliable at least as potent. It just seems to me that it would be less hassle to use a revolver chambered in .45 Colt. You would get about the same oomph and not have to fool with moon clips. Or am I missing something?

ira41magfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. It would be more reliable at least as potent. It just seems to me that it would be less hassle to use a revolver chambered in .45 Colt. You would get about the same oomph and not have to fool with moon clips. Or am I missing something?

45acp ammo can be found nearly anywhere vs 45LC, as for moon clips I use Rimz from ezmoonclip, they're easy to use, won't break. If you have a S&W in 45 colt send it back to them and have a acp cylinder fitted then you'll be able to shoot either.

Last edited:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A .45 ACP Revolver would make a potent Home Defense Gun that would be more reliable than any auto on the market...

^^^^^While a revolver has the capability of being very reliable, I'll have to disagree with this broad and sweeping remark.

Typically, a revolver failure will be more catastrophic and harder to clear than a failure by a semi-auto. I love my revolvers. I love my semi-autos. None of them are 100% reliable.

As far as .45 ACP revolvers go, I think it's a decent option, especially if you typically carry a .45 ACP bottom feeder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom