6.4 powerstroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I'm more a Ford truck guy but I had my Dodge for 4 years and it was a great truck. Mine was a Dakota (2005) but was every bit as solid and sturdy as my father's "jellybean" generation (2000)F-150, save for my v6 versus his v8. It rode well, was very capable off-road, the frame and suspension was solid, and the bed had useful factory tie down points and high sides. It was hard to remember it was only a "compact" truck at times, as it felt like a half ton in many ways. I got the Dodge because I got in it fairly cheap but it blew away all expectations I had of it.

I only traded it off because the wife was up for a new one. When it's my turn for the new one in 4-6 years, I'll be hard-pressed to decide between that Ford I always liked, or go try out a nice reg cab long bed Cummins.

I tell you what, all the work I have had to do to my Fords, sure is a deterrent to purchasing another. I've had to work on some Dodges too but replacing door latches and u-joints sure beats the hell out of rear ends, transmissions, and engines.

I like the features and looks of the Fords but I don't trust them given past experiences.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell you what, all the work I have had to do to my Fords, sure is a deterrent to purchasing another. I've had to work on some Dodges too but replacing door latches and u-joints sure beats the hell out of rear ends, transmissions, and engines.

I like the features and looks of the Fords but I don't trust them given past experiences.

A Dodge guy griping about another brand's transmissions. That's rich!!

flashover08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My name is Mike I have a 6.0 and I was wondering if anyone could help me my low oil pressure gauge drops to nothing and the buzzer goes off I took it to Ford and they checked the oil pressure and said it was fine is there a oil sending unit on it like on a gas engine if so can anyone tell me where to find it on the motor I sure would appreciate it Thanks
Have A Great Evening
Mike
}><}}};> PHIL 4:13 <;{{{><{

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Dodge guy griping about another brand's transmissions. That's rich!!

Nice way to perpetuate the stereotype. Dodge earned a bad reputation for their trannys in the 90s but the newer ones are much, much more reliable. Have replaced 3 trans in a 99 F-350 and it needs it again. 120k miles on the truck. Want to buy it? It's for sale.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice way to perpetuate the stereotype. Dodge earned a bad reputation for their trannys in the 90s but the newer ones are much, much more reliable. Have replaced 3 trans in a 99 F-350 and it needs it again. 120k miles on the truck. Want to buy it? It's for sale.
The Ford 4R100 tranny is a weak one indeed. Get an upgrade from BTS in AR. It will then be bulletproof.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If you think that's representative in any way of Ford's as a whole, no wonder you're so bitter about them.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My name is Mike I have a 6.0 and I was wondering if anyone could help me my low oil pressure gauge drops to nothing and the buzzer goes off I took it to Ford and they checked the oil pressure and said it was fine is there a oil sending unit on it like on a gas engine if so can anyone tell me where to find it on the motor I sure would appreciate it Thanks
Have A Great Evening
Mike

There is a lpop sending unit, I'll try and dig up the 6.0 powerstroke bible and find the location since I've never replaced mine.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have A Great Evening
Mike

The oil pressure sender is on the top/center of engine. If you are familiar with the engine it is on the oil cooler or right in front of turbo. You should see two sensors in the area (oil press, engine oil temp). The one you are looking for only has 1 wire on the connector.

copeje

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are junk, don't buy them. This is coming from a "Ford" believer. We have had multiple issues with them in a 250, 350 and 450. Just google it and see all the class action lawsuits and problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom