6.4 powerstroke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recon279

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
well mine is a 07 f-250 powerstroke with 240,000 miles on it full 4 inch exhaust innovative diesel custom tuner anarchy race tune.the tranny on the ford is very strong can put alot of hp too them mine making 420 rwhp and 800 rwtq and mines high 13s mid 14s and banks is junk for racing :)

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe you tyoed but I didnt say 660. I said 600. H@S has some really bad ass tunes. And yes, they guy that bought my truck blew the head gaskets soon after.

Sorry yea I I've been on my phone so typo' s abound!

I'm waiting for mine to start puking our the degas bottle anyway from running the spd studded tune on my non-studded truck.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
CHenry, what tune were you running? There are 6.4 trucks putting up those numbers but not on a tune only . Are you sure you didnt also have a DPF and/or Cat delete, intake, or some spray? To run those numbers you would have to put a major beating on the trans doing high boost launches, was the trans stock too?

To not be so sure on the dyno numbers is one thing but to claim running in the 12's with an over 8800lb (4x4 crew cab dually?) truck with nothing but a tune is sounding pretty hard to believe.
I should have been more specific. It was the H&S tuner. Only a tune meaning nothing else done to the engine. I did have a cold air intake, straight 4" exhaust, traction bars and I quess thats it. It had 37" tires and I did not have to boost up much to lauch. I swear this truck amazed me and when I beat my buddies vett I almost felt bad for doing it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We can all dream here!! I'm still looking for the holy grail of tuners that will put my diesel in the twelves!!
on a 6.0 you wont find it. The 6.4 is a whole other animal though and if you havent riddn in a tuned 6.4, i know its hard for you to believe but its true.

recon279

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Click on image to zoom

IDP Ford 6.4L Custom Tuning Package

(0) Reviews: Write first review

SKU: IDP64TunePack - IDP64TunePack

Innovative Diesel Performance custom tuning for your 6.4L Ford. Package includes our Xtreme Race, Xtreme Street, Street, and Tow programs.

Engine tune choices:
IDP Xtreme Race - 325+rwhp
IDP Xtreme Street - 285+rwhp
IDP Xtreme Mild - 300rwhp, smoother fueling transition
IDP Street - 215rwhp
IDP Tow - 85rwhp
Stock Power

best performance shop around heres specs wow 6.4 are bad ass im def geting a 6.4 when the 6.0 is payed off

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you shouldn't buy a Dodge. You wouldn't want to trade trucks every 8-10 months if you tried one out. Everyone hates on a Dodge till they own one. Oh well more for me!!

Oh don't get me wrong, I've had dodges and been around them and used them more then enough to know I don't want one.

SoonerBullDog.....
I like trucks plain and simple, and I keep telling people I'm on a mission to find the perfect one... It ain't happened yet. I have a few sales manger buddys at some dealerships that hook me up on deals you wouldn't believe so it's pretty easy.
But I can tell you pros and cons on pretty much every truck/motor combo in the last 10 years.
How is 240k miles on a truck not enough to base an "valid" opinion.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe you shouldn't buy a Dodge. You wouldn't want to trade trucks every 8-10 months if you tried one out. Everyone hates on a Dodge till they own one. Oh well more for me!!

You know, I'm more a Ford truck guy but I had my Dodge for 4 years and it was a great truck. Mine was a Dakota (2005) but was every bit as solid and sturdy as my father's "jellybean" generation (2000)F-150, save for my v6 versus his v8. It rode well, was very capable off-road, the frame and suspension was solid, and the bed had useful factory tie down points and high sides. It was hard to remember it was only a "compact" truck at times, as it felt like a half ton in many ways. I got the Dodge because I got in it fairly cheap but it blew away all expectations I had of it.

I only traded it off because the wife was up for a new one. When it's my turn for the new one in 4-6 years, I'll be hard-pressed to decide between that Ford I always liked, or go try out a nice reg cab long bed Cummins.

Latest posts

Top Bottom