6.5 Grendel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bang for the buck this guy sells great barrels, bolts, and other parts. He's an old time wild cat builder/designer. Most of his barrels are Melonite/Nitride hardened inside and out. He designed a much better bolt for the grendel and can help you scratch the itch

I am in no way affiliated with his company beyond having bought more than 20 barrels from him and a large stash of bolts.

https://ar15performance.com/__valkyrie__grendel___wildcats
Nice link!

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I got Goldilocks together this weekend and shot it. I haven't shot it for accuracy yet (still mulling over which scope to use), but did fire a few boxes of ammo through it to check for function. Works great, zero malfunctions. I probably shouldn't have let my wife shoot it though, she is trying to stake her claim on it now.

I wanted a good "all around" rifle and I'm pretty happy with the results. It's built from a Colt Competition rifle that has been cerakoted Burnt Bronze. The barrel is Faxon - Button rifled, hybrid 5R 1:8 rifling, "bull" chamber, black nitrided (bolt and barrel matching type 2 from 6.5 Grendel forum group buy). The handguard is Parallax Tactical Super slim, lightweight M-Lok, also cerakoted Burnt Bronze. Trigger is a blue drop-in unit.

Now I need optics.
Goldilocks1.jpg

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I got Goldilocks together this weekend and shot it. I haven't shot it for accuracy yet (still mulling over which scope to use), but did fire a few boxes of ammo through it to check for function. Works great, zero malfunctions. I probably shouldn't have let my wife shoot it though, she is trying to stake her claim on it now.

I wanted a good "all around" rifle and I'm pretty happy with the results. It's built from a Colt Competition rifle that has been cerakoted Burnt Bronze. The barrel is Faxon - Button rifled, hybrid 5R 1:8 rifling, "bull" chamber, black nitrided (bolt and barrel matching type 2 from 6.5 Grendel forum group buy). The handguard is Parallax Tactical Super slim, lightweight M-Lok, also cerakoted Burnt Bronze. Trigger is a blue drop-in unit.

Now I need optics. View attachment 121394
Good looking rig!

Latest posts

Top Bottom