6mm Remington

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I load .243 already so this is something I probably shouldn't even mess with. I've got enough bs brass laying around already.

Well, if you already load a .243 then yes you should get you a little 6 mm..You already own the dies, you've got the bullets, and primers..You can never own too many guns..Btw, they use the same powder or at least mine does...4831 shoots really well in both..

thedavel

Marksman
Reaction score
It's formed from 7x57 brass though right? Where am I gonna find that?

Seems I have too many brass projects aside from the expected duties that come with reloading. I "glocked" a bunch of my 10mm brass trying to push it too hard. So the full length sizing die is on the way. Turning perfectly good .223 into .300blk (not for me), now I'm gonna cut up some good 7x57. Why not? Lol

thedavel

Marksman
Reaction score
image.jpg

How old you think that die set is? Lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's not a wildcat, you can buy brass, it's not hard to find, so is factory ammo. I've got quite a bit as well. I'd say those dies were around 50 years old.....1960's.

thedavel

Marksman
Reaction score
That's kinda what I was thinking, late 50's early 60's.

You can buy new brass? Midway?
Yall almost have me talked into doing this. Next question is: where do I get a rifle? Lol

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Midway looks like their out of all 6mm brass and ammo. So are the other places I looked at on line. Easiest thing to do will be just to pick up a couple of boxes of factory and reload from there. Rifles maybe easier to find that brass! I had know idea! :)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Take your pick of rifles on gunbroker, there's a bunch of them.............I'd stay away from the pump and semi auto remingtons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom