7-11 Signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because I would rather patronize those establishments who don't care if I'm carrying in the first place. Besides I would rather not have to be the one that finds out how people will feel about me ignoring the business owners wishes if I were to be involved in an SD situation behind one of those signs.

In a true justifiable SD situation, quite frankly I personally don't care what signs are posted. Keep it concealed and don't worry about it unless your life is threatened and you are forced to use it. Whatever happens after just happens. I'll deal with it then.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a true justifiable SD situation, quite frankly I personally don't care what signs are posted. Keep it concealed and don't worry about it unless your life is threatened and you are forced to use it. Whatever happens after just happens. I'll deal with it then.

I'll dig up the case law later, but it appears that a SD situation behind one of those signs isn't a SD situation, it's murder. Due to that, I'll go someplace I don't have to worry about being charged for murder for SD.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll dig up the case law later, but it appears that a SD situation behind one of those signs isn't a SD situation, it's murder. Due to that, I'll go someplace I don't have to worry about being charged for murder for SD.
I'd be very interested in seeing that case law. Especially in the context of SYG. I just don't see it being murder to an Oklahoma jury.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were gone at one time but thanks to the gotta be cool open carry crowd they are back.
+1
They just put 'em up at the store by my house. I just happened to notice them by accident. Guess I'll have to drive an extra mile... no biggie. I just can't support the sheeple.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be very interested in seeing that case law. Especially in the context of SYG. I just don't see it being murder to an Oklahoma jury.

Dawkins v. State Decided 01/05/2011

Short version - Dawkins shot a guy in true self defense, however he could not claim Stand Your Ground defense because he was using an illegal firearm (sawed off shotgun).

In order to claim Stand Your Ground defense, you have to 1)Be some place you are legally allowed to be, 2)Not be doing anything illegal, 3)Meet force with force.

It is my opinion, that if you are behind a gunbuster sign, you are 1)Not someplace you are legally allowed to be, you know the owner doesn't want you there, and 2)Since you are behind a gunbuster sign, you are trespassing. Therefore Stand Your Ground could not be applied to your defense.

These are just my personal opinions, but I don't want to be standing in a court room trying to defend my actions to a judge who has the same opinion.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They put them by the floor. This way you can read the rules while you crawl for the door hoping not to get shot in the back of the head.
[Broken External Image]

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care about no steenkin' signs...I take my own coffee to work anyway. And you can get gas at the pump.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care about no steenkin' signs...I take my own coffee to work anyway. And you can get gas at the pump.

I'd take it one step further. Go to another store that does not have a no gun sign. I refuse to give them my money and gladly drive an extra mile or two for my fuel.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd take it one step further. Go to another store that does not have a no gun sign. I refuse to give them my money and gladly drive an extra mile or two for my fuel.

OnCue has recently changed their corporate policy and have removed the gunbuster signs from their doors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom