9.5 lb. Walleye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logo10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you live in a town?? i'm originally from there. live in gould now. If you go, go park by the cabins by hicks walk on the north side and walk all the way around hicks fishing down the bank.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's altus lugert lake right? So what tips can you give me to get into some of those walleye and sandies? I have a boat so if you have any tips specific to using a boat out there I would greatly appreciate it. I learned a lot last year from locals that did a lot slabbing for hybrid bass. I had a blast catching them out in the middle of the lake on that little underwater island. I even hooked up with a nice walleye but it spit the slab out when I got it to the top. So I kinda know how to fish with slabs in the summer but spring fishing is new to me. Any tips would be great.

logo10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its actually better right now and into late april to fish from the bank, the low lake levels have made the water temp go up way earlier this year than years past. The walleye I caught was full of eggs, so that means early spawning season, especially with the temps up. Best places are hicks mtn., where the old fishorama used to be down from the store and by the dam. we throw jigs about 30-45 ft. out and let them sink all the way to the bottom, then reel slow back to you, by doing that you'll get them if their deep or get them right next to the bank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom