Scorpions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snuck outta the house when I was in junior high going to go down the road and TP a house. I slid down a pole on our carport and ran over behind a tree to wait on my buddy. I put my hand down on the ground and got bit twice(still have the 4 little holes). I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE! Couldn't shimmy back up the carport pole so had to wake up parents. I was crying and thought my hand was gonna fall off. I think it's either a cut onion or potato you put on the bite to take out the venom.

If you want/need to get rid of them, you can use Bifen LP granules(Talstar generic). I sprinkle some of this around our bunkhouse to keep them out. Glue traps on the inside in case come in from somewhere else. Combination of these has worked very well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over my lifetime i have killed several 2.5 inches and bigger, so far as best i can remember my present living location i have yet to see any but doesnt mean they aint here.
Exactly. We never saw a scorpion at the power plant I retired from, but the exterminators put out some of the little glue traps. They would be full in a 24 hour period with the sub 1" ones. They must move nocturnally.
We do have some of the 2.5" ones around Lake Ponca in the old quarry where they mined the limestone blocks in the CCC days when building the lake during the early 1900's. We used to go out there to catch the mountain boomer lizards to make into pets. Can't do that now, state lizard and protected.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Scorpions eaten raw with tail removed tastes woody. Almost like cardboard box flavor.

No mess to clean up either.
Hold it down and break the end of the tail off and enjoy.

I would guess you are not in that hungry stage since you are pooping so maybe capture and save for later?
So .... what is the story behind you knowing what cardboard tastes like? And is it better with ketchup? 🤣

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So .... what is the story behind you knowing what cardboard tastes like? And is it better with ketchup? 🤣
I can tell that story. One day at work, we got into a guys lunch box, took out the lunch meat and replaced it with thin cardboard. It was hilarious to watch him try to take a bite out of that sandwich.
He wasn't very happy with us when he realized what happened.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FYI for scorpion sting quickly get baking soda.. Make a paste with water and apply asap
At one point I worked in a hospital ER. We saw all sorts of things. A couple came in and the boyfriend had stopped to take a leak by the side of the road and got stung by a bee in a very sensitive place. He was in pain. The doctor did his job, looked at it and discharged him and that's where I came in with discharge paperwork (we were really busy with some really bad stuff.) There were instructions on what to watch for. The poor guy asked if their was anything he could put on it. Very clearly the instructions said Adolph's Meat Tenderizer. I read that out loud and his girlfriend couldn't stop laughing.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Figured I'd revive this thread. I was helping the insulation crew with some cleanup and found this guy trespassing in the new shop. First live scorpion I've ever seen. First dead scorpion I've ever seen, too.

Scorpion.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom