Scorpions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scorpions eaten raw with tail removed tastes woody. Almost like cardboard box flavor.

No mess to clean up either.
Hold it down and break the end of the tail off and enjoy.

I would guess you are not in that hungry stage since you are pooping so maybe capture and save for later?
That’s disappointing. I always wondered what they tasted like. Imagined it be like shrimp.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I knew someone who rolled over onto one in the middle of the night and got stung a bunch of times. He said the ER doc said there haven’t been any cases of death by scorpion sting in Oklahoma, but that didn’t keep it from hurting like hell (and he told the doc so).

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scorpions eaten raw with tail removed tastes woody. Almost like cardboard box flavor.

No mess to clean up either.
Hold it down and break the end of the tail off and enjoy.

I would guess you are not in that hungry stage since you are pooping so maybe capture and save for later?
Didn't cross my mind - and won't. :drooling:

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About a week ago, I was in the reading room, nothing but slippers on my feet and my underpants down around my ankles. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a gimps of a shadow on the floor approaching me from the left. There it was. A scorpion about 2-1/2 inches long, claws to stinger. Yes, big enough to cast a shadow!

My feet being shackled by my skivvies, I had no way to stomp on it without launching myself off the throne. Since I was reading my "Guns" magazine, I realized I had a weapon in hand, I bent over and slammed it down on top of the scorpion and commenced to squishing it.

What a gooey mess! Cleanup wasn't pleasant, and it cost me a page out of the magazine.

Since then, I do check ANYTHING I wear prior to dawning it. I also scan the floors, room to room.

Woody

Back many years ago, like in the early '70's, we had one show up in our house. When I spoke of it to someone else, they told me to be alert for another one. They claimed that they tend to run in pairs.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got stung by a scorpion a couple years ago running some new wires under the house. Hurts a little worse than wasp sting but not to bad. During dry summers I get a dozen or more every year out of the swimming pool that drown. I assume their looking for water during the dry weather.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back many years ago, like in the early '70's, we had one show up in our house. When I spoke of it to someone else, they told me to be alert for another one. They claimed that they tend to run in pairs.
IMG_4734.jpeg

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our little scorpions hurt, but it ain't too bad! I shake out all of my shoes and boots but that is just a habit from camping a whole lot.
I was stung by a scorpion as a kid, while sleeping on a pallet on the floor. Needless to say I woke the whole country, and still remember that i asthe worst sting I ever experienced. We knocked wasp nest, for sport, back then, so I have been stung by just about everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom