95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Video in post #107.
From what I could find, an empty cement truck weighs roughly 27,000lbs, and typically runs about 66,000lbs fully loaded, but can go as high as 90,000lbs. Even if you take the truck at its empty weight, if you smash it into the back of pretty much anything mobile that's parked up against an immovable object, the thing that's getting smashed is going to have a really bad day.

Personally, I don't think I'd take that video as anything other than entertainment. Or maybe as a warning to avoid parking against a wall where a cement truck can get a running start at you...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I could find, an empty cement truck weighs roughly 27,000lbs, and typically runs about 66,000lbs fully loaded, but can go as high as 90,000lbs. Even if you take the truck at its empty weight, if you smash it into the back of pretty much anything mobile that's parked up against an immovable object, the thing that's getting smashed is going to have a really bad day.

Personally, I don't think I'd take that video as anything other than entertainment. Or maybe as a warning to avoid parking against a wall where a cement truck can get a running start at you...
The poster wasnt that smart.
I was.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am having to decide whether to convert my 90 to 134a or buy r12 for AC. Not sure how much it costs or if you can get.

94 and up come with r134a I believe.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am having to decide whether to convert my 90 to 134a or buy r12 for AC. Not sure how much it costs or if you can get.

If you’re not ready for a full conversion, look at the hybrid ‘freeze 12’ from Hastings or Casite. Can’t remember which one makes it. I have a few cans if you’re interested.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I used one of those R134 conversions on my '91. The R12 had pretty much all leaked out, so I bought a cheap pneumatic vacuum pump from Harbor Freight, replaced the o-rings I knew about, and drew a vacuum on the system for 30 minutes, then installed the fitting adapters that came in the kit and recharged the system with the refrigerant/oil mix (also from the kit).

I wasn't expecting much, but it didn't have working AC when I got it, so I figured anything would be an improvement. Much to my surprise, it actually worked really well, and I had cold AC after it was done. It seems like I had to chase a minor leak or two, but nothing major, and the refrigerant mix had the UV dye in it to help find the leaks, as well as some kind of leak sealer.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure you're correct about '94 being the changeover to R134.

Latest posts

Top Bottom