95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you at least get crabs in it?
I don't think crabs are as common as we once thought. I once worked with a guy that he and his buddy would go out bush whacking and harpooning. He would bring the pics to work. His buddy was a very little guy. He showed me this pic with his friends little skinny legs sticking out underneath a very healthy whale. Reminded me of when the house fell on the witch in wizard of oz. I've seen something like that twice now. Still don't know of any crabs.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Watching this thread, that poor truck has had one heck of a tough life. Reminds me of a lot of ranchers feed trucks that have to go out day after day in the worst of weather and terrain.
Everything seems to be rotten and broken.
Been down that road once. Never again. Applaud you at this stage in your life doing this restoration. 61 Ford Unibody pickup. The bed was not separate. Found on a creekbank with no engine and all the wiring cut off under the dash. Ended up a great looking truck but had to sell it for financial reasons, and I regret not having it to this day, like the 56 chevy and the 66 Ford Fairland GT 390. All sold for financial reasons.
Actually it’s not that bad. I’m doing a lot of extra little things just because I have time waiting on parts. The interior is amazingly clean for a farm truck. I don’t think it’s hauled anything big as it only has a bumper mounted ball with very little wear on it. It is all original and the parts are 30 years old.
I pulled the injectors yesterday to replace the seals on them. The pintle caps were brittle and they were breaking as I was taking the old o rings off. I’ll probably get a complete kits and do that today.
Got the pumpkin cover on it yesterday and will get new gear oil in it.
Spent some time on the interior too. Wiped everything down and got the windows clean. Not a single tear or stain on the seat.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst thing right now is the rat. I had a sticky trap with peanut butter on it on top of the motor where he likes to crap at night. I had him but he either chewed his tail off or he tore it off. The tail is the only thing in the trap.
The worst part is the auto activated lights were on in my shop this morning. The little bastard must be running around here tailless !

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst thing right now is the rat. I had a sticky trap with peanut butter on it on top of the motor where he likes to crap at night. I had him but he either chewed his tail off or he tore it off. The tail is the only thing in the trap.
The worst part is the auto activated lights were on in my shop this morning. The little bastard must be running around here tailless !
I had a running battle with a rat in my car about 25 years ago. The big bastage chewed up a $300 wiring harness and was proving resistant to glue traps, so I switched to an old-fashioned Victor rat trap. I can't tell you how satisfying it was to go out one morning and find the SOB folded up in that trap. I just about did the happy dance right there in the driveway.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a running battle with a rat in my car about 25 years ago. The big bastage chewed up a $300 wiring harness and was proving resistant to glue traps, so I switched to an old-fashioned Victor rat trap. I can't tell you how satisfying it was to go out one morning and find the SOB folded up in that trap. I just about did the happy dance right there in the driveway.
I have a big Victor too. I doubt he’ll make the sticky trap mistake again

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ended up using a small conibear trap on the rat that chewed up the wiring on my 2020 F-250 last fall. Cost me $2500 for the dealership to get the wiring correctly repaired.
Had an old plastic rural newspaper box that was on its side with bait inside. Used sheet metal to guide him into the trap. Got it the first night.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Place the proper sized have a heart trap under the truck and put a piece of bread with a apple slice and peanut butter on it and you’ll have him.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching this thread, that poor truck has had one heck of a tough life. Reminds me of a lot of ranchers feed trucks that have to go out day after day in the worst of weather and terrain.
Everything seems to be rotten and broken.
Been down that road once. Never again. Applaud you at this stage in your life doing this restoration. 61 Ford Unibody pickup. The bed was not separate. Found on a creekbank with no engine and all the wiring cut off under the dash. Ended up a great looking truck but had to sell it for financial reasons, and I regret not having it to this day, like the 56 chevy and the 66 Ford Fairland GT 390. All sold for financial reasons.
Those unibody Fords are a bit rare; there's one that runs around Owasso. I talked to him one day in front of Lowe's.

For you jokers with the "Chevy in Fords" disease: Gene Carter was a machinist and drag racer here in Tulsa years ago, ran the machine shop at the NAPA store in East Tulsa. I was having a Ford block bored, and went to check on the progress. One of his Chevy drag cars was on a trailer behind a 1 ton Ford truck outside of the shop. He told me "people ask me why I tow my Chevy race cars to the track with a Ford.....I tell them because I want to get there!"

'Nuff said.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those unibody Fords are a bit rare; there's one that runs around Owasso. I talked to him one day in front of Lowe's.

For you jokers with the "Chevy in Fords" disease: Gene Carter was a machinist and drag racer here in Tulsa years ago, ran the machine shop at the NAPA store in East Tulsa. I was having a Ford block bored, and went to check on the progress. One of his Chevy drag cars was on a trailer behind a 1 ton Ford truck outside of the shop. He told me "people ask me why I tow my Chevy race cars to the track with a Ford.....I tell them because I want to get there!"

'Nuff said.
Wish I still had that truck. It was in pristine condition, but shat happens, and it had to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom