9mm 1911 (Govt sized) magazines, what are my options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for 9mm 1911 magazines and I'm guessing Tripp Research are good, but I don't know anyone who owns any (also, are there other options)?

Appreciate the help!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tripp research mags are the only mags I'll use in my L10 .45 competition gun. I understand it's not the same caliber, but that brand is held in high regard with the folks I shoot with.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tripp research mags are the only mags I'll use in my L10 .45 competition gun. I understand it's not the same caliber, but that brand is held in high regard with the folks I shoot with.

I hear that pretty consistently man and I'm starting to sway pretty far to the Tripp Research camp. I definitely appreciate the info.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tripp research or Wilson would be what I would use. Metalform I THINK makes 9mm gov size too but not sure.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Todd Green @ pistol training.com is doing an endurance test on a 9mm 1911 and he started using the elite tactical wilsons exclusively.
He used several brands of mags before settling on these. He is currently @ 27,995 rounds though the platform so he has a little experience!

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Todd Green @ pistol training.com is doing an endurance test on a 9mm 1911 and he started using the elite tactical wilsons exclusively.
He used several brands of mags before settling on these. He is currently @ 27,995 rounds though the platform so he has a little experience!

la de da.
I crap more lead than that on a weekly basis.

Nice ol colt 9mm mags work very well on on 9mm unramped barrels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom