9mm 1911 opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My (Belgium) Browning HP was tuned by Austin Behlert. With his tuning, he removed the mag safety (added BoMar rear sight, speet safety, reshaped trigger, Wolf spring, ramped/throated) and the trigger pull is EXCELLENT. My Browning is as good if not better than any 1911. And they can digest all the +P ammo you can feed them.

Yeah, finding a Behlert gun is NOT easy, finding one for under $1K would be nearly impossible. I'm sure it's a sweet shooter though. :D

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a stocking dealer for sti anywhere close? Sports world doesn't have them in stock but can order but I would like to see one in person before I buy. Thanks

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did you get them from Mr. Eastridge?

I don't know Mr. Eastridge.

I had bought my HiPower back in the early 80's and sent it back to Behlert. The Colt Combat Commander was a gift from my dad back about the same time and after I got my Browning HP back (and changed my underwear) I sent the Colt off to Behlert for his "Street Package". I later changed the sights. I do remember a VERY long wait ... but very well worth it. Both guns are 100% reliable and superbly accurate.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my wife an EMP a couple of weeks ago. She really loves it. Shoots great, only 150 rounds so far, but no malfunctions. It even fits my big ol hands pretty comfortably. Comes with 3 mags, mag carrier, and holster. Cost more than my Kimber, but what is a loved ones life worth?:kiss:

Latest posts

Top Bottom