9mm AR or AK or ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well darn it. My brother called me this morning to tell me about the Rock River Arms in 9mm he bought yesterday. I probably will not get one for myself now, since he's land is more than likely the only place I'd go to shoot one, and I might as well just use his!

So, that pretty much takes the wind out of the sails of having those thoughts as I wait to get released from house arrest!

That just means I need to think about something else to buy! Any suggestions?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at this JRC 9mm Marine Model. I've heard of them but I don't know anything about them.

Looks like a deal if they are good to go.

https://gunprime.com/product/jrc-9mm-us-flag-keymod-copy/
Looked at them many times as well as Foxtrot Mikes stuff, their small companies so I'm leary.. If it were me I'd go with PSA pistol length for the $$ if I was rolling in it I'd do something along what Dennis did.. If it were a rifle length and I just wanted to buy and shoot Rugers PCC9.. Heck of a price on the JRC but if ya go to utube ya don't find enough recents..

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Ruger PC9 this year and really like it. Its a lot of fun to shoot and takes Glock and Ruger mags. I Have some Glock funsticks and a 50 round drum, so no need to reload often. It also breaks in half for easy transport. I paid $450 for it so not too expensive either.

This is the way to go. I assembled an AR-15 in 9mm and enjoyed it but when I got the Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm, the AR got shoved to the back of the safe.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve assembled several AR-9’s, including one as a bday gift for my girlfriend that she’ll never let go of, and while they’re all fun to shoot, I would still choose the Sig MPX. Yes, I know they’re expensive and use proprietary magazines, but IMHO they’re a significant step up from even a billet AR-9. Smooth, accurate, and just very well put together, and they have the same controls as an AR so it doesn’t take long at all to get used to running one.

But any 9mm PCC suffers from the same issue - ammo seems to disappear in a hurry during a range session.

Latest posts

Top Bottom