9mm CC suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock 26

Small enough to wear with a t-shirt in the summers
Expandable enough to wear in the winters with a heavy jacket (toss in a glock 17 clip with a grip extension for more rounds, but maintain short barrel length for better conceal)

Reliable as Hell and shoots well.

Glock 26 is a great choice too and I have one but I actually like the fact that the Kahrs are not as thick. As for the short barrel length, isn't the grip length more important for CCW? The barrel typically would point down your body while the grip can be a bigger challenge. This is why some of the makers came out with their "carry" 1911's like Kimber and Sig. Either way, you are right about the G26!

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit: I did some research and the xd sub compact is a little shorter than the glock 26. The glock 26 holds 10 rounds the xd sub compact holds 13 rounds. You can add an extender for even more rounds. 3 rounds is a big difference in my book.

I'm a glock fan myself. I normally carry the glock 30. However, I think I'm going to buy one of these xd subs for carry around the block or to the store. I now have to decide between the 9mm or 40.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad carries a Keltec PF9, actually prefers it over his j-frame because it's so much lighter. It's also very thin which is nice for IWB.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've got some trade-offs to consider. Will you carry IWB or in a pocket holster or some other way?

For IWB, I've been satisfied with both the Glock 19 and 26. Reliability and capacity is great. Some don't like the thickness. If you wear cargo shorts or pants you can pocket carry a Glock 26.

Just got a Kahr PM9 and it is great for pocket carry. Thin and easy to hide the outline in a pocket. Lesser capacity and I understand they eventually wear out, so its not something you'd want to shoot a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom