9mm CC suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's interdependent upon several things including (most importantly) your carry method or methods, your preferred action/trigger type, and other factors.

Which of these different ways do you want to be able to carry with it? Belt OWB with covering garment, Belt IWB deep concealment, Belt IWB with covering garment, SmartCarry, Ankle, Pocket, Fanny Pack / Purse, Portfolio, what?

Without knowing more, there's many choices, but it's hard to beat CZ 75 Compact PCR or P01 for Belt OWB. But Sig Classics, Kahrs, BHPs, and full-sized 9mm 1911s also go well with OWBs- just about any type does. Polymer 2-stacks or 1-stacks if that's your thing. Taurus Millenium Pro on a budget.

Hard to beat a 1911 9mm (3" or 4"), or HK P7 for IWB with covering garment. Maybe a Star Firestar, Taurus 709, Walther PPS, Kahr metal 9s (like MK9, etc.), and other thin 1-stacks, depending upon budget and tastes.

Hard to beat a Kahr (various models) or Rohrbaugh for deep concealment IWB, pocket carry, ankle carry, SmartCarry, etc.

CZ RAMI goes nicely in a small fanny pack or purse - 2-stack capacity but doesn't take up much room.

It's all about the MODE or METHOD(s) of carry, which will be..... ?

Also the budget.

Also, do you have a preference or preferences between a: (1) SAO (cocked/locked), (2) true DAO, (3) DA/SA with decocker, (4) DA/SA cocked & locked, or (5) a "pre-sprung DAO", which is the trigger mode of *most* of your polymer framed guns nowadays, but also some metal ones.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had been carrying a SIG P220 for the last few years BUT have recently started carrying a Gen4 Glock 19. Given I am in a car a lot I found that the Blackhawk Serpa holster set up for cross draw works great. Comfortable, secure, concealed yet easy to get to. Loaded with 16 WW PDX1 124gr JHPs it provides confidence.

BulkAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a CZ Rami. It's a great little pistol. If you do take a look at them. Make sure you pick up a alloy framed model. They are sturdier than the polymer framed versions. The size is perfect to me. The Rami isn't so small that it's hard to control or too big that concealment is an issue.

Depending on how you dress and your mode of thought around CC. Some people won't change the way they dress and go the compact gun way (myself) and then have a full size pistol for when the dress can appropriatly conceal.

The other option. Is the size of the pistol shouldn't be an issue. You dress around your firearm. I would figure out which describes you better. Look at holster options and get a good belt. Then go and find the best price on the gun you've chosen.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Glock 19 x5

Or something that size.

Without know any more your experience or desires, start there. If you can carry that, you have a larger weapon than the little pocket rockets, that is easier to control, likely more accurate, more capacity, and for the most part, longer lasting and more pleasant to practice with weapon. And make no bones about it, you will need lots of practice regularly, if you are not already doing so. And you will need to keep up your skill once you learn your weapon.

I have a G19 and a KelTec PF9, I carry the PF9 on occasion as it is MUCH smaller, but it is NOT easy to shoot. It takes MORE practice than the G19, but that's hard to do, as after a few magazines, it becomes unpleasant to shoot.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At risk of highjacking the thread, out of all the wonderful 9mm concealable pistols...which are actually fun to shoot past 50 rounds or so?

Everyone is different,I can shoot my G26 all day and enjoy it.To me,maybe due to the dual stage recoil spring,I think it felt recoil is less than my 19.With that said,the two limitations with it are the grip and the short sight radius.The grip,I solved by putting a 19 mag w/spacer,the sight radius is not a problem if you shoot well and practice with short barrel handguns.I carry OWB so I appreciate the short barrels.

Reaction score
At risk of highjacking the thread, out of all the wonderful 9mm concealable pistols...which are actually fun to shoot past 50 rounds or so?

Pretty much none of the small and light ones - the larger ones are though. A full-sized 1911 9mm is concealable, and is enormously enjoyable to shoot many rounds through.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Once I added a bicycle tube to my PM9 grip, it made all the difference. I could go 100 rounds on it without it beating me up too bad.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom