9mm Load Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch are you sure you are using 3.4gr of Titegroup on your 147's? That's what I use for a 147gr FMJ and I believe Russ was using 2.5gr on his 147 load. If so that sucker has got to be leaving a contrail out of your gun :D

POSITIVE! It makes 132pf out of my G17 at 60 degrees. It is a little hotter (138pf) at 40 degrees.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch - thanks. I was told that the OAL in the Lyman manual for the 9mm was all wrong. I've been loading them around 1.13-1.15.

Please tell me the load of titegroup and the OAL you would use for you 125 gr. bullet? Also, the same info for universal clays and that same bullet.

Thanks man.
B

Let me guess, it was by a guy behind the reloading counter at a local range? It wouldn't be the first time I heard he had given this advice.

I don't load our 125gr. 9mm. The 147gr. does everything I want it to do and it does it ACCURATELY.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch - bingo.

I bought 200 of the 125's and they shot much more accurately out of my gun than the 147s. But, i had the load all wrong obviously. But.. based on this, I bought 1000 125's from you a few weeks ago.. you also sold me some factory .380.. remember?

So.. I need load data for the 125's with TG and with Universal Clays. I guess there is a difference between Universal Clays and regular Clays? When people just say "Clays" which do they mean?

Sorry for the newb questions.

Thanks

B

MrGeneric

New to the site!
Reaction score
For giggles I bought some of Mitch's 125 grain cast, and am pushing them with 4.0 of 231 with an OAL of 1.13.

Cycles the factory spring of my Ruger P85 and drops the ejected cases a few inches to the right. :)

I have reduced weight Wolff springs, and will throw one of them in when I have a day dedicated to just shooting the cast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom