A call to hands (and mouths): Remember your oath

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walrus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While not doing bidness with a company which chooses to implement a Criminal Free Fire Zone (aka No Gun policy) is indeed a viable protest, Braggs has a point in that the owner or manager may not know that their policy is turning away customers. I almost cringe in suggesting a compromise because it's admittedly a pain to administer:

Make two reservations when you're going out to dinner. One at a place which encourages carry and the other which properly exercises their right to not allow carry.

Upon arriving at the first place which does not allow guns, quietly talk with the manager and tell them that - upon arrival - you noticed their no-firearm policy which establishes a de facto Criminal Free Fire Zone and you do not want to do business with a place which subjects you to so much danger without being able to defend yourself.

Then go eat where you were planning to in the first place.

Having potential customers walk out the door is a horrible thing. If one protests the policy but sits down to eat anyway, the message is lost.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From this moment forward i declare thus; all members of the public who enter my business, for any reason , must be armed at a minimum with a handgun whose bore shall not be less than 9mm. Special consideration will be given to those who enter with multiple weapons, e.g. Rifles, pikes, swords or other edged weapons. Any one who enters without said accouterments will be asked to leave immediately while being scorned, insulted and otherwise treated with disdain.
Dearest sir,

I only carry a medieval mace or war hammer while conducting daily business. I would like to know if I may frequent your establishment for purposes of trade?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dearest sir,

I only carry a medieval mace or war hammer while conducting daily business. I would like to know if I may frequent your establishment for purposes of trade?

Yeah, i guess, whatever.

As long as it is legal for you to possess it. On that note I am adding a new side rule/policy. If you dont have a weapon, and can legally possess one, loaners will be available for a small fee. Ammunition, if necessary for the weapon, will also be provided; during your stay.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can carry them in you just can't keep'em on you while you're here. And nobody complains.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_akfirearm_zps1834db5c.jpg

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty much accepted jurisprudence that business owners can ask you to refrain from certain acts while patronizing their businesses. If you disagree so much, push the issue and sue. Let us know how it works out.

You don't get it, or simply won't get it. That's your prerogative.

Can they ask people not to bring brown eyes into their store? Can they ask people on Oxygen not to bring in their tanks? When does it become discrimination (or is that only the black thing)?

We need a sign for businesses like this LOL

gunlist-unarmed.jpg

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can they ask people not to bring brown eyes into their store? Can they ask people on Oxygen not to bring in their tanks? When does it become discrimination (or is that only the black thing)?

I think you are confusing civil rights with constitutional rights. Why can men go topless in a public pool but women can't?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're raining on their parade, again! Stop! Some people just have this idea that if a private business is open to the public that makes it public property. Not much different then those businesses that post "No shirt, No shoes, No service".

A business that is open to the public is a PUBLIC place even though it is private property...It is not the same as a home though, that is all i want you to see...I am not necessarily taking sides because I see both, but I have latched onto trying to justify pro-gun...AND the important thing to note is, the OP is not saying to boycott or make a scene, he is just trying to get customers to let the owner know "I am the NRA" LOL...(yes you have seen that bumper sticker)

Latest posts

Top Bottom