A call to hands (and mouths): Remember your oath

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW....Businesses are NOT public property. They are either owned by an individual or group of individuals.

The guns buster signs are not denying you sevice. They are however denying you the ability to lawfully carry on their premises. You still have the choice to dis-arm and do business with them or go elsewhere. You are even free to voice your concerns over their policy. What you are not free to do is disregard the wishes of the property owner/lease holder.

As previously stated, their property...their rules.

It is not against the law to enter a business with your concealed weapon that has a "no guns sign" in Oklahoma...it is in Texas, but not here bud.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooter, open to the public or not, it's private property. PRIVATE. Why is that escaping you? Seriously, I'm not being snarky or condescending. It simply amazes me that as strongly as you feel about your rights, you seem to believe you are entitled to violate someone else's.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Refusing to bake a cake or refusing to serve a black person is a violation of civil rights.

Wow, really! So this means those "We reserve the right..." signs are illegal for one group, but not for others? How is that civil? Sounds downright rude.

Refuse to Bake a Cake??? If I don't bake a cake, who's civil rights do I violate? On my way to the kitchen to not bake a cake and test your regulation.....

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A business is a PUBLIC place...your house is not...there is a difference.

Exhibit A:

[Broken External Image]

Actually, 99.9% of businesses in the US are privately owned and "patrons/customers" have access to their services for a monetary price. The only businesses in the US that are truly open to the "public" are the ones owned by the public (stock traded on markets). Example, the corner gas station's bathrooms are posted "No Public Restrooms", whereas Wal-Mart cannot post such sign.

That being said, a private business owner can choose when/where/how he wants his business to operate as long as he does so by the law of the land. I personally don't support a business that does not allow me to carry a weapon and the owner obviously doesn't want me as a customer if he won't allow it!. That's one reason why this is the greatest country in the world! We have the Freedom to choose (for the most part), where we commerce!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, 99.9% of businesses in the US are privately owned and "patrons/customers" have access to their services for a monetary price. The only businesses in the US that are truly open to the "public" are the ones owned by the public (stock traded on markets). Example, the corner gas station's bathrooms are posted "No Public Restrooms", whereas Wal-Mart cannot post such sign.That being said, a private business owner can choose when/where/how he wants his business to operate as long as he does so by the law of the land. I personally don't support a business that does not allow me to carry a weapon and the owner obviously doesn't want me as a customer if he won't allow it!. That's one reason why this is the greatest country in the world! We have the Freedom to choose (for the most part), where we commerce!

Did you just make this up??

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB, what say you with regard to concealed carry being a RIGHT? If it is, why did we get permits to
exercise it?
Sounds like a privilege doesn't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom