a little rant about H&H...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My youngest son and I went to H&H this evening to buy a new reloading press.
We arrived about 7pm and went straight back to the reloading counter.
The Reloading guy was talking with a gentleman so we played around with some of the press displays while waiting. They were talking about military days so we waited patiently.
After 10 minutes, I began pacing and sort of staring at the salesman, still waiting. We moved up to stand at the end of the sales counter, still waiting. After another 5 minutes, we decided to wander over to look at the holsters, hoping they would end their conversation in the meantime.
We wandered around for another 5 minutes or so and went back to the counter and they were still talking, but another gentleman had joined in and they had switched topics to motorcycling.
I stood there for another 10 minutes, staring at the salesman, and he never acknowledged I was even there.
I'd finally worked myself to a sufficient boil and went and found Big John down at the gun sales desk. i asked him for help and explained waiting for half an hour to buy a press.
He walked me straight down and pulled the press and extras for me. I was more than a little angry at this point so I wasn't exactly nice, even though Big John had helped me straight away. I argued about a couple of things with him while the original salesman finished his BS'ing and wandered down to the range counter.
I bought the press and parts and John carried them out to my car for me. I thanked him for his help.

I want to apologize to John for being so short about a few things; I was pissed about the prior lack of service. John helped me out, great guy.

My HUGE, SEVERE problem with the whole thing was the other salesman. He KNEW I was standing there waiting for him and he never said a freaking word to me. He was more interested in talking military airplanes and motorcycles than helping me or asking if he could, AT THE VERY LEAST, call and get me some help.

Anyway, I got a new press, but I'm too asswhipped to put it together tonight and set it up.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Sorry. John, you're the man. Other guy, you're not.

justakid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Reloading guy was talking with a gentleman so we played around with some of the press displays while waiting. They were talking about military days so we waited patiently.
After 10 minutes, I began pacing and sort of staring at the salesman, still waiting. We moved up to stand at the end of the sales counter, still waiting. After another 5 minutes, we decided to wander over to look at the holsters, hoping they would end their conversation in the meantime.
We wandered around for another 5 minutes or so and went back to the counter and they were still talking, but another gentleman had joined in and they had switched topics to motorcycling.
I stood there for another 10 minutes, staring at the salesman, and he never acknowledged I was even there.
I'd finally worked myself to a sufficient boil and went and found Big John down at the gun sales desk. i asked him for help and explained waiting for half an hour to buy a press.
He walked me straight down and pulled the press and extras for me. I was more than a little angry at this point so I wasn't exactly nice, even though Big John had helped me straight away. I argued about a couple of things with him while the original salesman finished his BS'ing and wandered down to the range counter.
I bought the press and parts and John carried them out to my car for me. I thanked him for his help.

I want to apologize to John for being so short about a few things; I was pissed about the prior lack of service. John helped me out, great guy.

My HUGE, SEVERE problem with the whole thing was the other salesman. He KNEW I was standing there waiting for him and he never said a freaking word to me. He was more interested in talking military airplanes and motorcycles than helping me or asking if he could, AT THE VERY LEAST, call and get me some help.

Anyway, I got a new press, but I'm too asswhipped to put it together tonight and set it up.

I'am sorry you had that kind of time in our store, I will look tomorrow on the video to see who it was and make sure that this does not happen again, I will admit that some of the sales guys get so busy talking about other crap that they forget why they heck they are even there!!!

Sorry about that! John is a great guy! we call him little john which is funny considering he is like 10 feet tall!!!! LOL

10.5stang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H&H is a joke! Everytime you go in there they act like they are to good to talk to you or if you ask a question they act like you are stupid. I will never buy anything there EVER! There are a few good people that work there but most of them dont know anything but how to be rude.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
H&H is a joke! Everytime you go in there they act like they are to good to talk to you or if you ask a question they act like you are stupid. I will never buy anything there EVER! There are a few good people that work there but most of them dont know anything but how to be rude.

I've had this ^^^ at Outdoor America, but H&H has never treated me like that. I usually have at least 3 different people coming to ask if I would like assistance.

justakid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm sorry, we try to make sure we take care of everyone to the best we can, if you have a issue we would like to know so we can fix it, we do not take it lightly when one of our team members is rude, or condescending to anyone, we have fired people for this very thing! Gun stores already have a bad rap about them and we try very hard to set the bar high so when newbie people walk in they are blown away with the firearm world!! :laugh6: We are trying to change the way many non gun folks look at gun people!! Even though we do sometimes not meet the standards that we should at all times!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I wasn't there and can only speculate.

The guy before you might have just spent big$ on a procuct, or maybe did the day before.
The reason I go to gun shops is to have a one on one with some body that can help me with a problem or sell me something I might need.

Again I wasn't there to hear the conversation.

My opinion, If the counter person is engaged, they should give the customer they are talking to, a notice they need to help someone else, and get another counter person to help the other guy.

Again I wasn't there and cannot judge.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 2 months ago, I had the same type of experience; waited patiently for over 15 minutes while the sales guy was gabbing it up with some other dude about things other than guns. He would look at me and then resume his conversation. Never even bothered to ask if I had been helped. I finally just walked out and went elsewhere and made the purchase.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H is a joke! Everytime you go in there they act like they are to good to talk to you or if you ask a question they act like you are stupid. .

My experience has been the opposite. I wish they would leave me alone to slobber over what I'm looking at.

Seriously, I've never had a problem getting service, except at the reloading counter. It wasn't the problem of the people behind the counter, but the person there trying to get info about the reloader they just bought.

bdubtulsa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you a thing about H&H, don't know where it is...I'd like to know, so I can stop by.

As a retailer though, it can get a little hectic behind the counter sometimes, but that's no excuse for failing to at least great someone, and tell them you'll be a minute or two....something!

Anyway, where is this H&H, and what are their hours?

justakid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you a thing about H&H, don't know where it is...I'd like to know, so I can stop by.

As a retailer though, it can get a little hectic behind the counter sometimes, but that's no excuse for failing to at least great someone, and tell them you'll be a minute or two....something!

Anyway, where is this H&H, and what are their hours?

We are on I40 and meridian, Just past white water bay! We are open Mon to sat 9am to 9pm and 9am to 6pm on sun.

http://www.hhgunrange.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom