A minor gripe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our 17 year old dishwasher went out shortly before Labor day. So I ordered one from Home Depot during the Labor Day sale. It finally arrived at our house today.

So when I ordered it I did not order the "Installation Package". My thinking is I would use the previous water line that ran from the kitchen sink hot water line and cord from the old dishwasher. Well, the new one has a different water inlet setup and you almost have to purchase the kit that has a special elbow for the water hook up. So, I guess I will be headed to Home Depot tomorrow to purchase the "installation kit". It would be nice if the manufactures just kept it simple stupid with a standardized setup! Progress!!!!

That's my gripe today!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our 17 year old dishwasher went out shortly before Labor day. So I ordered one from Home Depot during the Labor Day sale. It finally arrived at our house today.

So when I ordered it I did not order the "Installation Package". My thinking is I would use the previous water line that ran from the kitchen sink hot water line and cord from the old dishwasher. Well, the new one has a different water inlet setup and you almost have to purchase the kit that has a special elbow for the water hook up. So, I guess I will be headed to Home Depot tomorrow to purchase the "installation kit". It would be nice if the manufactures just kept it simple stupid with a standardized setup! Progress!!!!

That's my gripe today!
Kind of like when you buy a new cell phone, you mostly have to replace the charging cable. Why can't they be universal? We all know why. It's all about the $$.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That's my gripe today!

PM sent.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Happy to report the new dishwasher is installed and much quieter than the old one. No drips, leaks, or problems. Ended up replacing the hot water shut-off valve at the same time replacing the supply hose and drain hose. All good!

A little shout out to xseler. he sent a PM offering a free elbow connection for the dishwasher hookup. Was not able to connect with him, but appreciated the offer. There are some good dudes here on OSA. Another one to add to your potential bug out friends!
Thanks! xseler

Latest posts

Top Bottom