a NEW H&R 204 Ruger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried and tried to find a light weight 204 but could not find one anywhere, so i purchased a H&R 204 (then i found a ruger lightweight LOL, which i may buy a little later), but anyways lets get back to the question at hand. Has anyone tried one or do you have one and what is your thought process on them, i have heard both good and bad reviews, but that goes with anything.

I would also like to know what is a good starting load i am going to try Varget since i have about 15 pounds of the stuff, and everything i have read gives it good reviews with the 204?

What grain bullet would work well with the H&R 204 i am pretty sure it has a 1 in 12 twist, so that would probably mean the bullets in the 30 grain range, but has anyone had success with 40 gr Vmax, as i bought it to shoot Coyotes?

PLEASE any and all information would be helpful please.

cearven1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a h&r 204 and ar in 204. they are both great shooters. the loads i have found that works the best for me is vihtavuori n140 with 32gr vmax
i cant remember the powder charge ive got it written down in the shed. but i think you will be happy with the 204.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i bought it for coyote hunting (it is a long long story, even though i have Varminter AR's, 5 other 223's and 3 22-250's and a 220 swift), i bought it cause in short it is something new, and it is not bigger than a 22LR (bullet diameter).

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to invest in other 204 something like the ruger m77 not the varminter but the lighter weight barrel if I like it. I just did not have nor want to spend a lot of money on something that I may not be big fan of so that and the barrel switch program. That is why I purchased the H&R cause I would like to get a 223 and 22 hornet and turn it into the 22K hornet. But I think I will like it and thank you.

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now why in the world would you torture me by posting that CZ on here i may talk to the wife, and see what she says, i just bought 3 new guns this past week though. But My wife is the best and she may just say YES.

Latest posts

Top Bottom