About as much fun as a fella can have.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So I over the past couple weeks I built my 3rd AR-15. This one chambered in 9mm. Man is it fun and worth it! Special thanks to FBT for having so many 9mm AR parts in stock at great prices!

And to crank up the fun, I put a bumpfire stock on it.

[video=youtube_share;ePbg-bQpnRQ]http://youtu.be/ePbg-bQpnRQ[/video]

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Haha. I did an unofficial stopwatch on the video and saw that I dumped a 32 round mag in about 3 seconds. About $7 in 3 seconds.... That is about $8400 per hour... Dang Dennis that is expensive fun...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haha. I did an unofficial stopwatch on the video and saw that I dumped a 32 round mag in about 3 seconds. About $7 in 3 seconds.... That is about $8400 per hour... Dang Dennis that is expensive fun...

LOL, it is. But its sure fun.

What range is that? After USSA stopped allowing bump fire stocks, I have been looking for another place to go and drop my membership there.

Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club allows class three, and bump fire. The only regulation is that all rounds have to hit the backstop. Bring out Ma Deuce! The only regulation about a full auto .50 cal on the range is that I have to be there. :D

Seriously, we do have some Barrett .50 cal shooters on occasion. Never had Ma Deuce out yet.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not at all. Well, when I first built it I had an issue with it but it was not during bump fire. It would fire, cycle, nothing. And I figured out quickly that it was not locking the hammer back. So I went and looked an the manufacturer of the bcg says to use a standard non-notched hammer. I had a notched speed-hammer in. So I put back in the trigger that came with the lpk but with JP 3.5 springs. From then on it was flawless. Never saw that thread... I'd make sure the hammer is correct for the bcg (9mm varies by mfg). Make sure it is a 9mm-heavy-buffer. My line of thinking is that if everything is working as it should in when firing it "normally" then it should be fine during rapid fire...

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Spikes ST-2T buffer, and a spacer. When I was piecing it together, I talked to a tech guy at Spikes, and explained my bumping intentions, and it was the setup he recommended. It has never fired out of battery, and it purrs like a new baby kitten.

Everybody needs a 9mm AR! Nice one, OP! I agree with your line of thinking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom