Academy More Crowded than Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Academy today on western n 240 and it was more crowded than at Christmas. Everyone was "Thundering up" (still not sure what that means) I made a comment to the manager and he said that is the slowest they have been in four days (how long they had finals gear).

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thundering up? What the hell does that mean? Are people buying ammo in preperation for the riots after each game or something?

Wait - ahhh - you mean they're buying thunder t-shirts and stuff. I forgot they sell other stuff in Academy.

Never mind...

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Thunder will have a massive amount of fans when they are successful. You won't be able to give their merchandise away if they are losing. Sharing a large portion of their fans with OU, this is to be expected.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Thunder will have a massive amount of fans when they are successful. You won't be able to give their merchandise away if they are losing. Sharing a large portion of their fans with OU, this is to be expected.

Oklahoma isn't overly fond of basketball in general, but we've done fairly well in supporting the Thunder back when they weren't the super-stars they are today (we also did a pretty good job with the Hornets). Until we get another big-ticket pro sports team, there will be plenty of Thunder fans out there to continue surprising the league with how much we support our team (there have been more than a few failed expansion teams out there that never got the same level of support the Thunder did).

Now if we get an NFL or MLB team...

B

Bill Mac

Are you implying that no one in Stillwater or Tulsa is a Thunder fan?
According to the news at noon today on Channel 9, the whole country, well at least the 197,000+ surveyed nationwide, are rooting for the Thunder to win the series. FL was the only state that didn't show to be for the Thunder. Imagine that!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Considering they sold out every game preseason on a losing season.... Only 23 wins
Same when the Hornets vacationed here.
Looks like the Thunder are here to stay, especially if we win the Championship!

Now the crazy hysteria going on right now and the mass of "Thunder Up" post you have to flip through every time you open up FB... that I don't understand.
Act like you've been there before guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom