Commenting in the Classifieds.........again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Some here need to read this again. 99% of all issues and reported posts/threads involve the classifieds. Everything from posting too much, too often, not posting a price, not posting a trade value, commenting when you shouldn't, unwanted comments, butt hurt about a deal that did or didn't happen, scammers, PM from scammers, etc. If it's your ad, please, please, please understand that YOU can delete unwanted comments, and I encourage you to so. EVERYONE, please read the last four bold, italicized, red paragraphs, thanks.

We've tried to let the classifieds be user friendly, and not be overbearing or over moderated when it comes to comments, but it's become ridiculous. So if you find your post in a classified thread missing, odds are it shouldn't have been there in first place and either the OP or the mods deleted it, sorry that it has come to that.

Comments In Classified Threads (word for word from the OSA rules thread)​

Moderating comments in the classifieds is more of an art than a science. :D The goal is to have an open and fun classifieds section that doesn’t have more popcorn smilies and “GLWS” comments than listings.

Comments that are considered “on topic” and contribute to a listing are generally allowed as long as the same or similar comment isn’t being made in other ads at the same time. Basically we’re asking that you don’t go and post “nice gun!” in 10 ads a day.

Any negative comments, bickering, etc. will be removed from any ads unless the user is pointing out an error in the ad, a defect in the item, or a recall affecting the item.

Any comments that can be construed as sarcastic will be removed whether it was intended that way or not. Please understand that if the moderators take it as sarcasm then others probably will as well.

Users have the ability to remove comments from their ads and can do so for any reason. If you feel like a user is deleting comments that point out a defect in an item or an error in the ad then you can report it and a moderator will take a look at it.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We had this in a thread awhile back and one topic was the fact that we can't delete comments in our ads since the software update. Has that been corrected? As of Jan/Feb at least, I haven't been able to delete comments in ads, so I just relist it. Thanks.
Didn't realize that, let me check. Someone that's not a mod with a classified ad will need to try it most likely and see if it's possible.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Nada
Nodelete.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom