Acceptable Hair Styles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In your place of work, would a Mohawk be acceptable? Nothing crazy, but lets say 1" Mohawk and the rest of your head with a number 1 from the clippers.

What about in an office environment mostly comprised of customer service, technical support, accounting, and engineering? Keep in mind, some of the engineers bring reps and vendors into the office area for meetings. If you worked in this environment and had a rep or vendor come in, would you be embarrassed if one of your co-workers had this hair style?

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's no way a Mowhawk hair cut would cut it where I work...for the office for sure and it would be frowned on for the fabrication shop. I am not offended by the way folks were their hair or the way they dress. But I don't think most office type folks would be without an opinion about a Mowhawk wearing co-worker. If someone in our office had a Mowhawk I would not be embarrassed if an outsider visited.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Short mohawks are perfectly fine in my book.

Acceptable:
[Broken External Image]
4.bp.blogspot.com__XAePxwGya7E_SgRFOiwnZKI_AAAAAAAACYQ_QgD6xVoDsbw_s400_ChesterBenningtonMohawk3.jpg

Not acceptable:
mikelococo.com_images_2004_mohawk_img_1176.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_8_85_User_Ich_wit72f30e13c64cb9563c903eeccf07a992.jpg

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No it would not be acceptable, I would send the guy home to shave the rest of his head. We are professionals and are expected to be professional by our customers, we have work to do and little time to do it in. Dress and convey yourself like a normal human being who wants to be a contributing member of society or I'll show you the door.

In other places of business it may be acceptable, just not here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom