Accidental discharge.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading and hearing about stories like yours help remind me not to become complacent. I have not had a ND, but I know it could happen with just a moment of inattention. I am overly cautious about gun safety (if that's possible) due to having three kids in the house and their friends over at times. If a gun is loaded it is either on me or locked up in a pistol safe.

Good luck on your recovery and thanks for sharing.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep my .308 precision rifle in the safe w/o the bolt in it. I haven't fired it in about 18 months. The other day I took it out to take some pictures and look at the scope, I put the bolt back in it and was going to dry fire it, for some reason I opened up the bolt one last time and out pops a .308 HSM match round. I'm not sure how long it had been in there and why the extractor did not grab it the last time I removed the bolt. It sure did give me a shock though.

h8ns8n

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
thanks for sharing and reminding us all to pay EXTRA attention! out of curiosity where did the bullet end up (assuming it exited your hand) I'm curious how much remaining velocity it had?

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah, I took pictures with my cell phone as soon as they took the bandage that the ambulance took off, I dont know if I am allowed to put it on this, I dont want to get banned

And again thanks for all the kind words everyone

I don't know why pictures of a wound would get you banned...

...I'm morbidly curious as to what a .40 to the hand looks like...

...also, some of the folks here are "visual learners" and maybe a pic of a shot hand will help prevent ND's in the future...

....oh...and with the proper caption, it could make a really funny lolz sign. ;)

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot the ground in front of me with a 20ga. while dove hunting when I was about 15. It was a dumb move, but I learned a good lesson. Don't ever handle a gun w/o the safety on. I hope you get the full use of your hand back. Please post a pic, I'm also curious.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok this is the exit wound

Attachments

• gunshot2.jpg
    gunshot2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 408

Latest posts

Top Bottom