Acorns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What do deer like better then acorns?nothing that i know of ,i have out in a wheat field corn,apples,pears,peanut butter,swamp donkey,acorn rage,dried sugar beets,i have watch them walk right thru this stuff and never lower there heads until they get to a acorn tree that is near by.anybody on here know of any thing they like better then acrons

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have a oak tree within miles of where I hunt but I did discover tonight that deer will vacum up yellow mulberry and osage orange tree leaves that have fallen. Hunted here for almost 20 years and never noticed them doing this before. Used to hunt the NE part of the state and nothing beat acorns.

Hog Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have lots of red oaks, they deer will eat them but white oak are their prefered acorn. There are also burr oak trees with huge acorns and I have seen deer eat them, also had one with a paunch full of them when I was dressing it out. We have been feeding raw molassess mixed with whole corn since Oct. 2010 and the deer love this stuff.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Horse Apples (or Hedge Apples). The deer love 'em where I hunt. I take a machete with me and hack them up so the Horse-Apple innards are exposed and that smell gets out to the surrounding areas. I've tried smelling and tasting them, but they're just flat-out nasty to me. Some how the deer have acquired a taste for them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
persimmons

It would have to be a tie between persimmons, and acorns. I have both in my yard, and the deer move between them.
Coyotes, coons, and possums love persommons too.
My dogs make a beline for the persimmon trees and gorge. Their poop is nothing but persimmon seeds when they are ripe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom