Action Pistol Match at Tri City Gun Club Sunday the 6th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tri City Gun Club has an action pistol match this Sunday the 6th. Looks like it will be 4 stages, about 100 rds. There are usually 25-30 people. Hammer down at 10:00 so come at least 20 minutes early to get signed up. If you come early you can help setup. I think it cost between $10-$15.
This will be my first match down there so I don't know the specifics. They are getting a little stage design help this month from one of the guys that shoots the OKCGC matches every month. He likes the lomger high round count field course type stages so it may be a good match. I plan to get there early and help them setup too.
My goal in attending the match and posting a reminder to y'all here is to get more involved with this clubs monthly pistol matches and help make them a nice option for another good match right here in the OKC metro. Maybe with enough interest we can even get them to rejoin the USPSA or IDPA in the future.

See you at the range.

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Jesse. These guys seem to be open to expanding the match and allowing for more elaborate stage designs. Would be nice to see it get bigger and be another option for the month's matches. They certainly have plenty of steel/props to make this a big match if they wanted to.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The match was a lot of fun today. We setup two short stages. One stage was a test of speed and the other stage was a test that required accuracy. Then we setup field type courses of fire that played out really well.

I will say if you are a new shooter this is the match to attend. The folks at Tri City are great! They are more than willing to take it slow and safe with new shooters. If your gun goes down or something unexpected happens during your stage that hampers the fun of it they will reshoot you no questions asked. The match is more about having fun than winning which was refreshing.

The only things that could have made the match better was warmer weather, more shooters, and one or two more fun stages.

Here are some videos of me shooting the stages.
Jesse Tischauser's YouTube Videos

Latest posts

Top Bottom