Advice about spray in bedliner on my fishing boat...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeverGiveUp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a 12 foot jon boat that i just mounted two PVC pontoons on either side to help with stability. I was considering having the PVC pontoons sprayed with bedliner but I was unsure if it would be ok to spray it on PVC or if spray in bedliner is really heavy, or how thick they usually spray it on. I was just currious if anyone had any advice here. Thanks for the help

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine put it on the keel of his fiberglass bass boat and it came off rather easy,he said it slowed his boat down some ,so I guess it is kinda heavy but don't know for sure just how heavy it is.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rhino-liner is more rubber based and kind of spongy/sticky surface. Linex is a plastic based and surface is hard and slick. never used the do-it-yourself stuff. never applied it to anything except work truck beds. Had better luck with the Rhino.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally they spray it on about 1/8" thick. The rough texture is done intentionally to keep items from sliding around in the truck bed. That step can be omitted and the texture can be more glossy. It is fairly heavy though but could be applied lighter. On a truck bed, they normally make about 5 passes with the spray gun.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should post up some pics of that jon boat with the pontoons. I actually bought a 12' aluminum jon boat last fall and was going to do some mods on it, but wound up selling it to buy a Carolina Skiff instead. I toyed with the idea of adding something like pontoons to the jon boat to make it more stable with a casting deck.

You should check out http://www.tinboats.net for a lot of good information about jon boat mods. I got a lot of inspiration for my skiff mod from that site. And I'm sure I've seen some sprayed bedliner stuff there.

Here's a pic of my skiff:

ai291.photobucket.com_albums_ll306_Teeeroy_bucket_My_20Skiff_IMG00073.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom